Bike Cam

Got one of these the other week, still trying to sort the date and time stamp out:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mini-DV-DVR-Sport … 757wt_1072

Footage quality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXEok-ijbt0

OK for 13 squid

I got one of those a couple of months ago.
The quality is really good for the size/price, but after a couple of goes the thing packed in.

Ended up chucking it away and getting one of the Oregan ones. Hopefully yours will be ok though, they are great for the price.

Nice filtering by the way :wink:

that is pretty good footage of how not to ride.
i am not the ride police but dont be in such a rush m8, mothing to do with speed just the underatking and looking like you want to get tthrough every gap.
looks good for price though.

Should have added, that’s not me riding, :wink: it’s footage from another biker who bought it. Even I ain’t that brave!

thats actually alright for the price!
i want one but
i dont have a paypal :frowning:
never really had the guts to put my bank details online

Paypal is simple, had it for 5 years now and never had an issue, just do it!

If you’re worried about the security of paypal, just change your credit card details after the transaction to some fake numbers.

If you use it again just change them back before the transaction.

Bit overkill, but it means you can sleep safer knowing if it gets hacked they wont have access to your card.

Nice one Bracknell Taz!
Jus picked one up from ebay :smiley:

Bought!

I’m sorry, I’ve never understood this. How do you think the bank stores your details? You’ve never entered your details into anything online?

You prefer to hand your card to some stranger in a shop? You think that’s safer? How do you think transactions get authorised, it goes through the internet…

Anyway, that’s a different issue :wink:

I like it. You get a bracket and a clip, so in theory there should be a simple enough way to attach it to your bike/helmet. It takes a MicroSD card, any ideas how long a 2gig card would record for?

I’m ordering one! :slight_smile:

[quote]
AndyCr15 (24/04/2010)

I’m sorry, I’ve never understood this. How do you think the bank stores your details? You’ve never entered your details into anything online?

You prefer to hand your card to some stranger in a shop? You think that’s safer? How do you think transactions get authorised, it goes through the internet…

Anyway, that’s a different issue :wink:

I like it. You get a bracket and a clip, so in theory there should be a simple enough way to attach it to your bike/helmet. It takes a MicroSD card, any ideas how long a 2gb card would record for?

Just got mine and i tried it, got 5mins of vid on a 512mb card so 2gb should get you abt 20mins

If you can drop the resolution you prob can get more time on :smiley:

Quality is alright, i’m just using it as a rear facing cam on TD’s so should do :smiley:

Wow, that’s a little dissappionting to be honest. I would have hoped for more from 2gig, but I guess you can’t expect it to do much compression as it records…

I have an 8GB card in mine, the maunal states it will take up to 16GB but the battery goes out long before you get enough recording time on 8GB anyway.

I just ordered mine. So how long you can record, is it 2 hours?

I recently purchased one of these, they called it “MD80” however its a clone called D001.

it works fine, just don’t know how to disable the time stamp on it.

Looks cool.

This bloke has some interesting ideas for attaching it to a lid (I prefer the second one TBH):

https://www.youtube.com/v/HxZsckWZOAQ?fs=1&hl=en_GB

Hi guys I’ve just bought a camera kit for my Mv I went for the
Vio pov 1.5 this is the camera that the tv companys use it gives DVD and broadcast quality film I’ll post some footage once I’ve played around with it.

ww.vio-pov.com