Biaggi denied Superbikes switch! And had something to blame again

Max Biaggi will not ride in this year’s World Superbike Championship after he was left off the final entry list.Without a ride in MotoGP after being axed by Honda, had talks with Superbike team Alstare Suzuki.The outfit had provisionally entered a fourth bike for 2006 but only Troy Corser, Yukio Kagayama and Fabien Foret will line up this season. Biaggi blamed the breakdown in negotiations on the lack of equal equipment on offer.

“There aren’t the necessary technical guarantees that would allow me to fight on equal terms in a very competitive championship,” His words… When will he learn to ride more and complain less??? I don’t know why I read his webpage…

http://www.max-biaggi.com/

Why is that so suprising?

I can’t see why he shouldn’t want the same specification bike as Troy and Yukio.

He can and should Pete! But I just don’t remember one time that he’s not crying about something! He’s a very good rider but he needs a better PR

True, he’s got no PR awareness at all! I also acknowledge that the majority of his recent problems are of his own making. But every class benifits from a anti-hero (Bike forums too), and just having him around makes things interesting.

He is maybe the greatest “Pure cornerspeed” rider of the modern era, but along with another contender for that title (Hislop) he seems to be a fragile character.