BH Monday Rideout to Beachy Head - August 27th ---- SO SORRY....CANCELLED

Ok, that coming from a guy with a Busa is scary. Is it just too fast for 125s or generally your kind of fast? Because if it’s the latter I’m not going :crazy: :smiley:

i held pace ok(ish) with daniel and the other fellas to southend, any more pacey itll be highly illegal :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s true, the pace didn’t slow down much for woozy. Same can’t be said for columbo however, that YBR was glacial.

Enjoyed your use of the word ‘Highly’ :Whistling:

Still negotiating with the missus on this one, otherwise will be good to see you (assuming you get 125 approval that is)

:hehe: I’m not leading the ride so it will not be my kind of fast:w00t:, and I meant to fast for most 125s;)

the main problem with 125’s on large group rides, as this will probably turn out to be, is that they can’t hold the pace even as we stick to the speed limits:Whistling: and it strings the group so far apart it makes corner marking a real pain aspecially if it’s a hot day. Also on a safety issue, it could encourage some 125 riders to try and ride outside there ability/comfort zone trying to keep up.

At the end of the day it’s the race oops;) RIDE organiser who calls the shots:cool:

nonsense!

Which bit?

Columbos YBR made us strung out on the way back and there was only 5 of us! Clearly the bike not the rider as he has passed his test.

Your 125 seems happy at national speed limits, his did not.

Maybe rather than cc we should use ‘only bikes comfortable operating at national speed limits and motorway speeds’

only trying to help…:w00t:

not what you said, its this bit

“it could encourage some 125 riders to try and ride outside there ability/comfort zone trying to keep up.”

also i have noticed my one has a tiny bit more grunt than the more modern varadero 125s

What would you (or the ride organiser) class as “motorway speeds”? Just wondering as I’ve been riding on a full license for over 3 years but am really not interested in going over 80mph max. on a motorway (not on this bike anyway), so am always a little wary about joining any of these ride-outs.

I think the acceleration is the key here, while my Vara is somehow able to reach 70 it’s by no means comfortable and it takes ages getting there. It can keep up in the corners but if there’s a bit of straight between them then the big bikes are long gone and I’m just wishing my little lawnmower would do 30-60 in less than 20 seconds. Which means I have to be constantly on the limit, so I think Mo is right.

(unless Lewis turns it down a serious amount of notches) If you’re Bradley Smith, you’re welcome on your 125. If not, you’ll get there about an hour later than the rest of the ride.

and so will the tailgunner and that’s not on. were as if 125’s are allowed then it is exceptable as it would be expected.

anyway!!! you young whippersnapers trying to tell me, the old git, about group riding, it’s not only speed!!! it’s ability and experience, making headway, cornering speed and lines, confidence riding in a large group.

correct it is not always the cc that’s the problem, but usually is as most on a 125 have little experience, in saying that, I have lead and been on rides where some riders on 1000cc bikes had to be waited for.

I am no way knocking 125 riders, you have to start somewhere and the law says on a 125. the reason being you need to learn to walk before you try running;)

Wise words from Mo. Sorry 125ers. There are quite a few rides on here with little uptake, cant afford 1x 125 to turn up and ‘restrict the ride’ Riding a 125cc on its max speed, round twisities etc, on the limit will end with either a broken bike or a broken you.

Max speed on A21 or M25 (which im planning not to use) is 80mph. im not loosing my licence and pleasure for going fast in straight line. Ill do my very best to have a decent pace and drop corner markers when and where i feel needed. Its quite hard leading a rideout and not having everyone bunched behind you. Route is 95% done, about 2hours to BH. 1.45 back to Oakdene where we can then all splinter off, maybe before.

Should have got a two stroke…:slight_smile: its not to late, trade it in for an old skool Aprilia RS125 (keep the power band in and all will be good in world, plus we will ALL be following you for the smell!!!):w00t:

I may be up for this, but will let you know closer to the time and it will depend if anyone is going from Ace side as I don’t do satnavs on the bike - the intention is to get lost and find something new! :slight_smile:

Im sure there will a splinter group coming from Ace, like last time

With that in mind I’m a definite maybe for this. I’ll need to see how things look closer to the time but it sounds like it’ll be a good day out :slight_smile:

Its was a hoot last time. Be good to have you along

I’m tempted :wink:

ok, so bike passed it’s MoT so I’m in for this.

neevr been and looking forward to it.

great ^^^^

the oakdene, is that the one over brands hatch way? been a while since I’ve been out.:slight_smile: