Best bike video camera for night time?

I use video cameras front and back on my bike - they are 1080P Contour Roam, and are fine for daylight riding. However now the nights are darker they just can’t cope with headlight glare. Obviously any 4k camera will do better for resolution than my current cameras, but are there any particular models other bikers use that cope really well with headlight glare, still allow you to pick out the actual reg plate of a car instead of just a blur of yellow? Grateful for any tips! Thanks.

My Contour Roam is fine at night.

I’m thinking of getting a rear camera. Any recommendations out there?

I have Contour Roam back mounted too!!
Rear camera is just as important as the front one. Great to point to when a cager is menacing you from behind.
20160727_182821|690x388

Cool I’ve got a second camera. Where can I get that bit of kit to attach it to the rack?

Pretty sure mine came from
https://buybits.com/motorcycle-accessories/action-cam-camera-mounts

Cheers dude

What is the battery like on those? I use a GoPro on my helmet but the battery is pretty poor. It barely lasts a commute so I always have to carry a pocket of spare batteries.

I use to have a Roam 2, it was useless at night. IME Drift and Sony Action cams are best at night. Sony Action cameras are bit of a pain mounting though due to no rotatable lens.

I’ve hard wired a Blueskysea DV688 to my bikes now either way, much more convenient than setting up two cameras on each ride like I used too.

A full charge on mine generally does about 2.5 hours running time. My commute is about 1 hr 10 each way and my Contour Roams manage that fine on an overnight charge.