Beloved SV650S got stolen!!!

If you’ve insured it for £3k then that’s all they will pay! I made the same mistake on insuring my old ZX6R - assumed it was worth about £3k but was really closer to £4k when I actually checked, post incident.

As mentioned above, you can also deduct your excess from that figure.

just spotted this and noticed the red seat.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Suzuki-SV650-2008-5000-miles-/270584317420?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item3f001505ec

could it be yours?

The above bike has original indys, can , screen and tail fender-dont think the thief would go to the extent of selling the aftermarket parts and then buying original parts for the hike. Also on closer inspection , the tyres are not the same thread.Seems very unlikely! but then again never say never! Nice find thought THUMBS UP

Exactly the reason I left the Isle of Dogs. Had to put up parking my bike at work for a year (cycling 4 miles whenever I wanted a ride!)

I’m not sure if that’s right. They ask what the bike value is, but that doesn’t mean it’s only insured to that value, unless you have specifically insured it on a “agreed value” basis (common for classics and modified etc).
I always answered the question with “I’m not sure, I paid X for it”. When my scoot was stolen, they tried to pay out X, and I argued that it was not my job to know the value of the bike. The market value of the scoot had gone up which I could proove by showing equivalent ones for sale at dealers. They eventually gave in and paid market value.
Definitly don’t accept their first offer, and find hard evendence of equivalent bikes for sale at dealerships. You should be able to claim for that value.

However, you’ll probably loose the additional value of aftermarket exhausts etc unless you have declared all of it on your policy.