Believe the Hype LONDON MOONWALK 2010 - Outriders Wanted!

yeah I’m in.

I have got to say that i am well and truley up for doing this again…:D.

Im going to video this event this year…and make a short movie so we can reflect…in the mean time…any ideas can be sent via pm so i can get a good idea of how it will pan out…:D.

can i also say…that if you do take any video footage of the event…can you guys consider sending it too me so i may use it…;)…

(sending it too me gives me the right to use it publicley for use of the movie)

hope to see alot of names here in the near future…

smiled:D.

Ok matee I am talking to a company next week about video
cams with recorders for a couple of the bikes feel free to use
this footage I will keep ya updated as news comes

Flats I’m talking to Barro on FB but just to let you know I’m throwing my hat in to the ring.
You might want to ask PJ to pin this thread.

It would be good to go to an old school LB event again.

Where is Charlie?

Oh and just so you know Si my granny is dead and I’ve never been to Skegness. :slight_smile:

i am supprised about the low numbers showing a interest in this event,ok its running during the night but the event is such a moral booster to anyone taking part and its such a laugh to do…come on 1500 women and men walking around in bra’s even the riders get in on the act. its a real laugh and all we have to do is make sure there safe crossing the road(at zebra crossing points) and cheer them on…unless u have done this before u will not know what a fun night it is,its also for a great cause…come and join the fun…:):):slight_smile:

Its a low interest as its in the wrong section if you ask me but it was moved, I didnt put it here! anyways not alot of the old skoolers are on here anymore and the the newer people dont understand how much of a buzz this is to be involved with… Barro gave me the job of creating some interest and getting a crew together slapping a post on here was just 1st things 1st I knew I would have to chase a few people up I fully intend on getting that done!! Dont worry

:wink:

me me me

I don’t agree Flats and if you didn’t you should have replied to the message I sent you…
:ermm:

Besides…

The first event - remember that one? Was a slow starter too.

There wasn’t a similar event last year so there’s no momentum from the previous year.

Of course you can keep bitching about Old Skoolers not being around - that’s really going to get some new blood involved mate :slight_smile:

Why don’t you let things take their course and as and when more details come out use that to generate interest.

Some of us newbies understand. :wink:

I’m harassing others to try and get them involved. Hopefully they’ll pop up on here soon.

Do we have to sign up somewhere officially , or will this post be ammended ?

This is just an initial thread to get some names.

Nearer the time we’ll be looking for your proper details as Moonwalk need to know in advance who is taking part. It’s a bit like doing the event itself but instead of doing the walk you are helping out as a volunteer.

SO GET YOUR NAMES DOWN!

:slight_smile:

It’s understandable people not putting their names down with so few details - all we know is it is “at night”.

Some people might want to know times - when from & to, where and what is needed before deciding.

+1

“it’s good” doesn’t really explain what will be involved - nor does “helping people cross the road”.

Subject to not being on holiday that week (a bit up in the air at the moment on dates) … but also … I don’t have a fuggin clue what it is we’ll be doing … despite reading countless threads from years ago.

Don’t get me wrong … I’m not looking to pick a fight … I’d like to be involved … but you can’t expect to live on the hype of something that happened years ago and the majority of people don’t know about

That’s very true and I’m (and others) are waiting for more precise details of the event.

Detailed Timings and Route usually come out nearer the time

However if the format is the same as previously the Riders taking part normally split into teams and ride the route being dropped off at crossing points to help the walkers on the route.

The early part of the walk is quite busy as the walkers are all bunched up so crossings are fairly busy - there’s normally a bit of Police control at this stage due to the numbers. As the route extends things spread out more. It’s really quite nice to engage the walkers in chat and give encouragement.

Some riders may also be riding the route looking to help out if needed - either at busy points or where people need help- there’s teams of cars out there too with First Aid and stuff but often a bike will be there first and is a good point of ref for those needing help.

This event is the Moonwalk.

It’s a sponsored walk that takes place overnight in May. It’s about 26 miles for the full one and half that for the shorter half moon.

Many of the people taking part haven’t walked this far in their life and add to that those on the walk who have beaten cancer it can be a real challenge.

The Moonwalk - like the Breakthrough walks end with a Ceremony - this one is at Dawn. The walk begins and ends in Hyde Park and the route takes in most of Central London and the River.

Flatout shoud be providing more details soon

As for people taking part - it’s just like doing the walk - for the first BCW I set up a Just giving page for people to sponsor me to do the event.

You pay your own fuel and use your own bike - we’ve been covered by previous event liability insurance - hence the reason we take license and insurance details of those coming along.

For year one we were fed and watered too

(I got a parking ticket and even though I could have got Breakthrough to pay it I paid it)

:slight_smile:

Just wack an Im up for it on this thread, Then keep an eye out for the more details post once we have the groups that we need then Emails will be sent, I think the last times we received emails from the organisers with a link in the mail for us to follow we put our addresses in, they posted our packs with wa few forms to sign and send back.

the walk is night so it will be an late afternoon meet up ride to the start get the briefing then out on the route, You will never be left to your own devices, you will be collected and moved on by a set group of out riders you wont have any fears of being left on some dodgy corner in London having no clue of whats going on I would say that you wont be getting home till Sundays sunrise If that all helps…You will love it!!

don’t worry about it. If you’ve never done it how would you know.

Hopefully mine and Flat’s previous replies have cleared some of this up for you.

Hope you can do the event - it’s a great event to be part of.

If people who are actually suffering from this c**t of a disease can walk the full 26 miles ( and believe me , from the last events we did , there were quite a few who were !! ) then I am damned sure that there are more than enough members of LB ( and their mates etc ) who can bring themselves to play their part , get off their keyboards and help make this event one to remember . Please bear in mind the people we have all known and lost through cancer related causes and come to the party on the 15th May . If you don’t enjoy yourself ( whilst making a massive effort to support the walkers AND the relevant reasearch organisations who WILL benefit ) I’ll have Smileds’ lovechild !!!

GET YOUR NAMES ON THE THREAD COZ WE NEED LOTS OF PEOPLE FOR THIS !!!

ok, IM UP FOR IT!:stuck_out_tongue:

Im def up for it , live local and love dodgy parts of London !

Just point me in the right direction !

Had a double mastectamy in the family , so keen to help out where i can !

Your on the list! now just sit tight we will keep ya informed