BCR

PMSL:D:D

Ok - I shall try and find my waterproofs - even if it is thundering and lightening I shall try and brave the weather. Do you lot ride in the snow and ice and hurricanes as well? :smiley:

Also when I took the bike for its MOT down the local garage a couple of days ago, the clutch was readjusted, with very little reach, so have found it hard to ride, if anyone on the BCR has any basic mechanical clutch adjusting skills, so much the better.

Am not a morning person, so I might not be able to speak on the BCR until I have mainlined a few shots of expresso. Also am still in mourning for the cat:crying:

Otherwise will look forward to it:):slight_smile:

Right, ive just spoke to the people in charge of weather on Sunday, ive explained the Dire consequences for them if we have any rain and they,ve promised as a personal favour (To sneaky;))it will be 90degrees and Blazing sunshine:cool:

Personal favours and Sneaky sounds like a very dodgy combo!:Whistling:

:smiley:

Fantastic - well done for arranging the weather for Sunday!! Good on ya:D

I have some special motorcycle trousers that unzip into shorts, perfect for such a day. Look forward to it!!

Hey i’ve been told the sun always shine on the righteous:w00t:, so don’t worry i’ll be bringing the sun shine:hehe::hehe::hehe: you guys will have to provide the rest :P:D

Hello Hels, my names Si and you,ve certainly grabbed my attention with the trousers/shorts bit;);):smiley:

[quote]
Sipermoto (20/06/2008)

So long as Hels dont grab your short bit!:smiley:

:D:D:D LOL

That made me laugh:hehe: Don’t worry, you are safe with me!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah I got these textile motorbike trousers that unzip into shorts, just for those hot summer days that we haven’t been having :cool::slight_smile: And they come woth armour too. Amazing!!

Is this a span adjuster job or a spanner job? I live 2mins from the meeting point I an bring some sticky back plastic and an empty washing up bottle/loo rolls centres and an egg carton with me?

Good, shut-up-n-riiiiiiide!:smiley:

I just took it back down the garage this morning and he readjusted the clutch, so it seems okay now - touch wood!!!

I am seriously thinking about coming now, as I checked the weather and looks okay, so Day Release, if i meet you somewhere over the river (that’s easy to find LOL) then we can ride up together to the meeting place.

However, I really don’t want to spoil anyone’s fun on the ride by holding you up, as I am used to doing the lanes around Box with Joy (Gengygirl) Martin (Emsee) and another lady on Sundays and we ride fairly sedately. Last week I rode with some mad moto people and realised how slow I was in comparison to them:):), so I will come along, enjoy myself and if I need to peel off at some point I will give you lot the word:D:P

Look forward to it anyway - will try and go to bed early and not polish off the rest of the Cabernet Sauvignon :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey Hels, when you say you’re south of the river which bit of south?

I’m thinking about doing my first BCR and I have no idea where the start point is, although I could probably find it, but it would be good to follow some other people there, if it’s not too out of yours or my way?

Day release and I are doing the run on our own, so if you ride out with us, we can hold you up!:smiley:

Seriously, if the ride out is a pace you’re not sure about. Giv me a bell and let the others know that you’re gonna jump groups. Hope fully we’ll not be too far behind you!:slight_smile:

Pompey Tim - I’m Streatham Hill - close to the Brixton Hill end and the A205 / A23. I have very little sense of direction, although I know I can get over the river okay and head East LOL Day Release said she would show me the way, which is very kind of her, so she could always show you the way too.

Sneaky and DR - sounds like a plan!! I shall set off with the others and if I end up being too slow, will come and ride with you two. I am not sure what pace I ride really, whether it’s slow or not, with the usual people I think I ride at a reasonable pace, but with the moto people I was definitely very slow compared to them, ao am definitely not the quickest rider.

Anyway will play it by ear!!

Hels

Tower Bridge is very close to DR, as is the Black Wall Tunnel.

I’m in Greenwich so 5 mins from the Blackwall Tunnel.

Hels would it be worth you coming to me and then us meeting up with DR the other side of the tunnel?

Day Release suggested meeting on Commercial Road at 7.45 am, so I suggest we all meet there and DR can show us the way. Does that sound like a plan? I’ll probably head over London Bridge as I know the way to Commercial Road from there and then we could all meet at a suitable spot. What do you reckon?

I ride a silver Honda Hornet L reg and have a white helmet, just for ease of identification!!

No more about being slow. You’ll be fine. Mention it again and I’ll set fire to your trousers!:wink: if you want help out there, thats what DR and I are doing…she’ll be assisting me!:w00t:

Fantastic!! I shall look forward to it!!

I’ll stear clear then if I see you playing around with matches:hehe:

Will have to set about three alarms then and make sure to leave at 7.15 - I’ll be the one with dark glasses, massive bags under the eyes, drinking a can of Red Bull LOL:D

too far for me and way too early :crying:

Never mind Mr T - am sure the usual suspects will be out at Box and you can go out to play with Jay etc

I keep on saying am going on this BCR and never do - so it’s now or never!!