BBQ Rules

BBQ RULES

We are about to enter the summer and BBQ season. Therefore it is important to refresh your memory on the etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking activity, as it’s the only type of cooking a ‘real’ man will do, probably because there is an element of danger involved.

When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put into motion:

Routine…

(1) The woman buys the food.
(2)
The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables, and makes dessert.
(3)
The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill - beer in hand.

Here comes the important part:

(4) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.

More routine…

(5) The woman goes inside to organize the plates and cutlery.
(6)
The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is burning. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he deals with the situation.

Important again:

(7) THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.

More routine…

(8) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces, and brings them to the table.
(9)
After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.

And most important of all:
(10) Everyone PRAISES the MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts.
(11)
The man asks the woman how she enjoyed ‘her night off.’ And, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there’s just no pleasing some women…

Sarf African style…

<A title=blocked::http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq2SOmwzjUU href=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq2SOmwzjUU”>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq2SOmwzjUU

very true!!!

Hell no! Im sarf efrican thanks and ill have you know that at any braai (thats what its really called not bbq :P) no man would dream of asking a women to bring his beer, it would all be next to him in a cooler bag :D, I do agree with the salad tho but men do the best seasoning thank you very much! No :D:D:D

Partly true :wink:

I’m normally getting too drunk to care whether there is enough salad or people have the right colour co-ordinating napkins :slight_smile:

Hubby does do a good bbq I must admit…come to think of it, he is a much better chef than me full stop…and I love it that way :stuck_out_tongue:

We shall be having one of these tonight :wink:

Beer is the perfect tenderiser as well for burgers, stops them from being charcoal on the outside and raw in the middle…

Yeah - it might be a braai over there mate, but its BBQ over here…you need an umbrella next to the cooler bag :slight_smile:

I love this time of year - braai season!

It saddens me to see how many “men” use gas braais though :frowning:

VERY TRUE

WHEN I SEE THE BBQ COME OUT I AM THE KING OF THE BBQ

aha, nothing better than charcoal

To all the Saffas, there is no braai “season”, get a grip. Any day in any month in any weather is braai season. It’s like AWB’s!!!

I have had 13 braai’s in the last 14 days and that’s only because the wife wanted a curry one night.:smiley:

That’s the one:w00t:

Blimey, I must be not normal then, because I cooked the mackerel that I caught on my nifty little Muji bbq, on the the beach…have to do that cos havn’t got a garden:(

Yea!
Sorry Chris, it a Barbecue (barbeque, BBQ, Bar-B-Q or Bar-B-Que). Not Braai, not Barby/ Barbie.
Sorry Bru, not laka eh!?

Hehe.

Hehe.

That’s a good one Mel.

13! blimey John boy, that must mean you have drunk about 30 litres of wine in that time;)

It’s Braai - BBQ sounds so puffy !!!

I have 3 braai.

1. A normal weber

2. A smoker weber

3. A kebab braai

For anyone who has a weber style braai - go to homebase and get yourself a pizza stone. Pizza on the braai is awesome.

see attached.

Attachments

pizza1.jpg

pizza2.jpg

pizza3.jpg

Pizza had so much on it but flip it was nice.

Chicken on the smoker before the lid goes on.

Attachments

Chicken1.jpg

pizza4.jpg

And here are the kebabs (meet is kudu, ostrich and kangaroo)

Attachments

kebabs1.jpg

kebabs2.jpg

kebabs3.jpg

And this is breakfast at my house on sunny Saturday mornings.

Attachments

Skottel1.jpg

Skottel2.jpg

Skottel3.jpg