Back on two Wheels :)

After 18 months I’m back on two wheels. Bike thoroughly cleaned, serviced, MOT’d, Taxed, and insured. Took advantage of some nice weather to head up to Dunstable Downs and met up with a friend for a evening bimble.

6 Likes

Happy days Kev, let is know when you have organised a ride out and I’ll see if I can make it.

No leisure rides in this year so far :frowning: so hoping to get a couple in.

1 Like

I think it is going to be a while before I’m leading anything. Riding again felt great, but at the same time strange. All the gear felt bulky, and oversized.

I think it’s still going to be a while before we get any proper ride outs.

Nice one @Kevsta, the bike looks amazing. Missing some LB stickers though. Hrm, that reminds me, we’re out of stock.

1 Like

Well out of stock could be the reason. :laughing:

When I have two bikes again I’d love to strip and rebuild. Get the frame done in orange, replace the rear black panels with white (from the SMR) and remove the pannier frames. But that’ll be a winter project at some point.

Why do you want to get rid of the pannier rails? Panniers rock (imo).

1 Like

Love it

Bring on the stickers @Jay

1 Like

Lovely clean bike that :slight_smile:
Jay can I have a sticker for my buggy :smiley: (if I get allowed to stick it on)

1 Like

Ok!

1 Like

The bikes that I’m looking at are things like the F900XR, so I’ll have another proper touring bike. The SMT is 8 years old and 34’000 miles if I strip it down and rebuild it’ll be for sunny Sundays rather than touring.

welcome back dude! looking good!

1 Like