[email protected]£tard CAMDEN!

Parked the car today on Scala Street in the lovely Borough of Camden. I usually avoid Camden like the plague as they’re ticket happy at the best of times. However, I wanted to go to Tottenham Court Road and as it was Sunday I thought it would be OK to leave the car on a Single Yellow Line in a quiet side street.

WRONG: Apparently, I parked adjacent to a dropped footway in a Special Enforcement Area! So I have a lovely ticket for £120!

£120 is a bit steep.

Haha Camden are twats for that, ticks on the pavement, double ticks on the kerb, dropped slabs. They gave my colleuge a ticket a few minutes before the zone became PnD, and didn’t even have any evidence of him being there.

Just contest it until they drop it, its hassle for you but twice as much for them.

I got a ticket in Camden a few years ago and contested it. I wrote some cr*p about being law abiding etc etc, being upset that they were trying to cheat me and believing that the traffic wardens in Camden were notorious for giving out unfair tickets. I had parked outside shop number 49, out with the area cordoned off for road works but there was a yellow sign down the road saying that parking spaces in front of numbers 49 to 113 were off limits. Fortunately I was able to include the phone number of a workman as a witness and the penalty notice was dropped. Definitely worth complaining - if its not obvious that you shouldnt have parked there, its worth a few complaint letters.
Good luck

well its £60 really! (if you pay within 14 days) But if you want to be all dramatic have the oh so expensive £120 line… :smiley:

Sorry about your luck there fella!

Might also be worth your while looking through this free site:

http://www.ticketfighter.co.uk

You can check if the ticket has been made out correctly and details of signage ect.

Sorry about your ticket, fight all PCNs

Thanks, problem is they’ve got you by the nuts as it’s £120 if you go to arbitration… I’m deffo going to challenge it that’s for sure.

60 pounds fine for what…? parking in london is hell even now after all these years and what do the people in power do fines us ever more for their incompetence…why isnt parking made easy with better consideration made for the car and bike users etc…because its income…and havent we heard this one before…