Two cats,

One fox,

One dog,

One owl,

One squirrel,
And a 3 partridges in a pear tree!

:smiley:

That’s next month, its the 6th day of November today! :smiley:

I got to say swerving to miss any animal that you can easily kill and thus putting your self in danger is a very silly and rookie thing to do. Mow it down mop the blood off and be thankful your still sunny side up with no broken bones.

I hit a kangaroo in oz…actually it hit me as it jumped into the side of the car…put a big dent in the door.

Almost hit a sloth on my bike …there was no way it was going to get out of the way in time so I swerved to miss it

There was no swerve involved as I’ve heard.

On bike everything bigger than fox is an potential harm to yourself in car everything up to small calf, obviously speed and road surface are important but is not rocket science, so everyone should make his own decision.

R

There we go… fixed it for you :smiley:

“On bike everything bigger than fox is an potential harm to yourself in car everything up to small calf, obviously speed and road surface are important but is not rocket science, so everyone should make his own decision”

I was just curious as to what effects hitting something furry and filled with bones/blood would have on handling. Whether it would squish, push it out the way or front wheel rise up etc. Ive only ever ridden over stuff previously flattened. :smiley:

about handling, see Lorenzo against the seagull.

linky

:laugh:

Cheers Silve. I remember Ian Hutchinson having one his visor during the 2012 TT doing 170mph. And the thing still survived! :w00t:

Hit a pheasant in April. Not the bike but me. I saw the bastard at the side of the road and the rest was thankfully inevitable - giving me enough time to tense my neck, get down, lean in, and turn my face away from it. THWACK. If I hadn’t spotted it… pulled neck muscles at the very least.

I was in Rye, opposite the chippy, and had just put my lid on and it felt like someone had smacked me hard on the back of the helmet. It was a seagull which was either trying to make off with my lid or land on it - probably revenge for me not sharing my fish and chips - pesky things. The critter took me from behind, so no chance to swerve out the way!

run over a couple of squirrels most just feel like a small bump in the road on did get revenge on me as it took ages to get all the fur/guts out of my radiator and from around my exhaust had a close call with a deer that ran out between myself and a bike in front on a rideout I just kept going and thought if I hit it at least ill have dinner sorted for a few days as others have said unless its a person or something huge I will just keep my current line and try not to react

that was some slow reactions, the squirrel was across the road, over the kerb & probably digging for nuts before the emergency stop happened…

I’ve narrowly missed some furry little fuckers by inches, had to turn round and try again. :slight_smile:

A jock friend of mine ran in to the back of a sheep 6 months ago. the up side is both mother and baby are doing fine… the new sprog is called Bahhhh…zil :w00t:

Before most of you lot were born I regularly had to drive up to Snetterton. Found a lovely short gut through some Forestry Commission land and used to go slightly off road in the old pick-up to hit pheasant. On a bike, I think not.

No matter how you feel on this, avoid the wild boar in the Ashdown Forest area and deer everywhere. No matter what you are driving/riding hitting a 100/150 kg animal is not going to be good news for either party.

Small stuff? It’s a spur of the moment decision. If you can safely avoid it, fine. If you have to hit it, hit it hard. But do the decent thing and go back and finish it off.

But do the decent thing and go back and finish it off.

+1