Attempted theft outside metropolis vauxhall

That thing is huge, any bigger and you could probably use it as a cosh. In fact, a cosh wouldn’t cost £150 though…

think it’s designed so that it can be slipped down inside the rear fairing

Does anyone use any trackers? Any recommendations? Considering getting something. The paranoia has fully set in. http://www.visordown.com/features/products/new-oxford-gps-motorcycle-tracker looks decent, question is where I could hide it on the bike :/ BoomShaka

Depending on your budget you can either get chinese GPS tracker for £50 and use top up SIM card or you can go for full package with companies like Bike Trac, Tracker etc for few hundred pounds and pay yearly subscribtion. Now why would you got with more expensive option is that some use VHF or RF technology, which is a big benefit as GPS can be blocked very easily, plus you get a support from a team who will assist coordinating in case your bike is stolen. But then there is always the issue, that trackers can be removed quite quickly as there are not many places to hide them on a bike.

We use biketrac.   The initial cost was steep but it comes with loads of features biker down, journey history to name but a few,  I’m picking up my new bike in a couple of weeks and I’m having one fitted too, for £299.00 + a monthly subscription of £9.99 it gives us piece of mind well worth it IMHO

Dizzx

Don’t forget it is a public forum

Noted and amended  DOH!

Dizzx

Thanks for the suggestions. If I get one, I wont go cheap chinese import. I’m happy to pay the upfront and monthly/annual cost for the piece of mind. So will take a look at Biketrac and a few others. I guess the size of the unit plays a big part as to where it could be hidden.

Don't forget it is a public forum nails
One of the reasons i won't be posting any pics or details of my new bike etc when i finally get round to getting it!!! I'm so paranoid now that i truly believe people on here (and other forums) trawl for bikes to knick 

I don’t think its people on here rather than but visitors to the site. Post personal stuff on the inter webby at your own risk, its the prime reason why I don’t bother with the likes of faceache etc.

I’ve always found it hard to believe that thieves bother trawling forums to find bikes to nick, but I can’t imagine how to get reliable numbers in either direction and I can’t fault over-caution! My bike’s so rarely not visible to the passing public that I’ve nothing much to lose from having it on the Internet.

Don't forget it is a public forum nails
One of the reasons i won't be posting any pics or details of my new bike etc when i finally get round to getting it!!! I'm so paranoid now that i truly believe people on here (and other forums) trawl for bikes to knick  Marmablade
You won't resist that :D 
I've always found it hard to believe that thieves bother trawling forums to find bikes to nick, but I can't imagine how to get reliable numbers in either direction and I can't fault over-caution! My bike's so rarely not visible to the passing public that I've nothing much to lose from having it on the Internet. Big Red S
I think those thieve's who nick bikes to order might be doing that kind of thing. The opportunist thief on a break from football training; I doubt.
I've always found it hard to believe that thieves bother trawling forums to find bikes to nick, but I can't imagine how to get reliable numbers in either direction and I can't fault over-caution! My bike's so rarely not visible to the passing public that I've nothing much to lose from having it on the Internet. Big Red S
I believe thieves work in a close knit community where information is exchanged or networked across a wider geographical area.

I just think if they are after a certain bike (R1, Blade, S1000RR etc) they go on those Bike related forums and you get a list of every bike with every upgrade etc with pics that all probably have time and location stamps embedded into them. It does half the work for them

Yeah, actually EXIF data seems a way more likely route than reading forums now you mention it. It’s hilarious (and a little scary) how many people routinely upload photos with location data in them.

But I’d still expect the sort of complicated and organised gang of thieves to rely quite heavily on having people working in secure car parks or as traffic wardens or something so they not only see the bike coming in but can confirm when it’s there and what the security is. I don’t imagine NCP do much in the way of background checks on their staff.

Yeah, actually EXIF data seems a way more likely route than reading forums now you mention it. It's hilarious (and a little scary) how many people routinely upload photos with location data in them.

But I’d still expect the sort of complicated and organised gang of thieves to rely quite heavily on having people working in secure car parks or as traffic wardens or something so they not only see the bike coming in but can confirm when it’s there and what the security is. I don’t imagine NCP do much in the way of background checks on their staff.

Big Red S
you also have the kangaroo kids

scooting around and reporting in to there mates of bike locations

@ BRS. Yes, that is very true, probably what happened to Rixxy’s HP4

I was getting so paranoid when I had the Daytona 675 ,my bikes are in a culdesac no one ever comes up there the hornet has been parked there for 8 years,within 2 months of having the Daytona neighbours told me 3 times that young lads on scooters had been up looking at it,I was starting to think they have some sort of access to an insurance data base or something to find location of bikes

I just think there are so many little scum bags out there that wherever you go they see you and unfortunately follow you. That’s why whenever i see a scooter i make the jump to light speed so they can’t follow me :slight_smile:

Until they catch up at the next red light :frowning: