Attempted theft in West Norwood

:laugh: and dont take ‘no’ for an answer

Ages ago I had a Gilera DNA 125 that I used to park in our off-road parking area in West Norwood. Unfortunately it was a magnet for da youff. First it had the steering lock wrenched out, but a neighbour disturbed them before they could make off with the bike. Then one day, whilst I was at work, it simply disappeared. Looking at the scuff mark on the pavement it looks as if it was literally dragged away.

Thus far (touch wood) nobody has made any attempts on the Bonnevilles; they are attached to ground anchors set in concrete, have covers and Datatool alarms. Hopefully dragging away a 219 kg bike is not an option…

Hi, I live in north London and plan to get a 125cc bike soon (abt to appear for CBT next week) Can you recommend a ground anchor and would any handyman be able to install it ?

I’ve got one of these: http://www.pjbsecurity.co.uk/beast-mega-locking-station-and-16mm-chain There are cheaper locks and there are more secure locks - this is big enough that bolt croppers aren’t going to cut it but not too big, heavy or expensive.

All you need to fit it is a hammer drill and I think a 16mm bit plus an allen key and maybe a hammer - assuming you have some sort of concrete slab or similar to fix into.

Any handyman would be able to fit it in under 30 minutes, as would most people with access to a drill.