Arrived in SW19

Hi all,

I’m from Birmingham but I’ve arrived in Wimbledon and am still getting used to London traffic, my CBF1000 wouldn’t have been my first choice as a London Commuter :-p

I’ve found the A272 for a nice ride out, but I’d prefer somewhere with less Dual carriageway, anyone suggest a Sunday ride out from SW London?

FM

Hi FM

Rykas at Boxhill near Dorking is a nice meetup point for bikes and then you have some good roads south of there.

Welcome, have you foundLoomies Cafe just off the A272? Plenty of roads from that going south or west to enjoy.

Welcome, I hope its not a bright and shiny example of a CBF that’ll put my 250 to shame :frowning:

Welcome FM
I think you will be surprised what bikes are used to commute
The CBF should make a good commuter bike you just need to get used to how it done in the smoke

Nice few roads around South Downs. As a starter for 10: Get to Midhurst, jump on the A286, all the way to just before East Lavant. Cut back up the B2141 all the way to South Harting. From there have a look on Google maps, it all depends what direction you want to go. I would do the B2146, jump on the B2178 and then join onto the A285 all the way back up to return via the A283 to Godalming (can;t remember what that last stretch is like). It’s a nice little loop for a quick ride around - won’t need to get up early and come back as the sun is setting.

Lots of good runs south to the coast. If it has the digits and starts 28 like 283, 286 it is probably good.

As you’ve already discovered for a proper Funday ride you need to head out.

Of note my diirty fiilthy CBF250 has a penchant for TOWiE tarmac, some of the finest tarmac south of the Watford Gap.

The Burnham Bends B1018, B1021 and B1010

Mrs J’tobe’s excuse me B1508, A1141, B1070, B1352 and B1414

Le Papillon at Finchingfield B184, B1053, B1057, A1017 B1053

Look out for TOWiE’s, MiC’s, CNBC’s and BCR’s in  the ride-outs section and familiarise yourself with the corner man system as explained in Andy’s ride out guide, its they way we roll.

I am not a million miles away in Carshalton… would be happy to show you a few roads from Box Hill… but I hear the ToWiE run in the one to get on… “I MUST GET ON THAT ONE !!”

Hi there and welcome. Just realized we re in the same area and i would like to propose a meet up somewhere these days,this way we can sort something out with a ride out towards SW… . 

Hi all,

I’m from Birmingham but I’ve arrived in Wimbledon and am still getting used to London traffic, my CBF1000 wouldn’t have been my first choice as a London Commuter :-p

I’ve found the A272 for a nice ride out, but I’d prefer somewhere with less Dual carriageway, anyone suggest a Sunday ride out from SW London?

FM

Flying Mouse

Cool…

Know really has a sense of hoon here mate may be wrong site for you… Bike fashion is creeping in and the hipsters are taking over!:nerd_face::nerd_face: