Are you/ were you in REAL Love ?

Sometimes you can’t be with the one you love for a myriad of reasons.

I never stopped loving my ex, and vice versa, but the practical circumstances of our relationship changed, and we just could not stay together.

We touch base by phone every couple of years, because seeing each other would be too hard. He’s married now and has taken on her children, and I think he’s happy.

No doubt there’s someone else out there for me too, but in the meantime I’m still holding out for a rugby playing fireman with intelligence and sense of humour enough to appear on QI or Have I Got News For You.

Every rose has its thorn, and every cowboy sings a sad sad song…

eh you are in a bit of a romanctic sing song mood today arent you

Let me guess you met someone at your wedding

It’s a hard way to come home
You’ve got me on my knees
The walls are tumbling down
They’re falling like the leaves
The days turned into months and years
I can’t forget that you were here
I feel your presence everywhere
In the corner over there

love is a weird thing cos it makes you have:and go: through so many different feelings at once its so exsausting but amazing at the same time.i feel like that with my man now and i have never felt like it before.i didont love my ex husband and i knew that before i married him…nevermind we all do stupid things…

i dont realy know wat i was going to right…but when it hits you you love it

and when they love you in return and for all your stupid ways and thing its magic!!!

I think too many people “love” others for what they can provide for them and thats it!!!

I’m not in love, haven’t been for years and don’t think i will for a while yet either, too selfish to share my life (and bikes ) with someone else. Not bitter just been told too many lies over the past 3 years and trusted guys again too soon who went on to tell me more lies. I don’t trust anyone at the moment apart from myself.

Not sure I ever can trust again to be honest or ever want to.

You can always trust again

"Love is patient and kind; love is not jealous or boastful; it is not arrogant or rude.

Love does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrong, but rejoices in the right.

Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things." Bible - I Corinthians

…and in my big book of quotes comes after ‘Loneliness’

go figure…

Got to love a thread that goes from Huey Lewis and the News to Biblical quotations in 18 posts!

well this is really hard for me to say but here goes: My first love was when i was at school in the 5th form. This lad Called Michael joined our class from Oxford, he had just moved down and we struck up a really goos friendship, as time progressed i got invited to stay at his house one summer for a few days while his mum and dad were away, and we spent that time getting to know one another,

we had a secret relationship for 2 years until one day he broke it off cos he couldnt stand the guilty feelings he was getting, Trouble was at 16 your mind is playing all kinds of games, and you dont know what you want, but one thing for certain i did want him.

I didnt hear from him again untill 2 years ago, by this point it had been 5 years, and we met up. I was really emotional as i had so many unanswered questions i needed to ask him.

Since then we have kept in some sort of contact as mates, i have since met someone else and thats going ok, but i still think about Mike a lot.

Phew.

School’s hard enough I guess, must have been a daily nightmare for you eh?

yes Andrew it was, you never showed any kind of feelings in school, you were just mates, but im sure there were other secrets going on.

all those snatched moments…

“all those snatched moments”

Oh yes, who could ever forget their first snatch moment

ha ha!! yes i remember the pantry in our food technology room, ooer!

Food technology?? No need to ask what you were ‘eating’!

Thought I was once, now not so sure.

Hmmmm, but lust - that would be a completely different matter…

I’ve been separated from Mrs Wiz for a year, after being together for 11 years. I’m not over it and part of me never will be.

Life sucks sometimes.

Fine and moving sentiments . . . you know what . . . If I could only think of a tune to accompany them . . .

ps “Falling in love is hard on the knees” - Steve Tyler - Aerosmith

This is a tricky one to answer, so it’ll probably be a bit garbled

Yes, I was most definitely in love with someone called Gareth. We were together for one and a half years, having met the first day we started uni. He died in a car accident on the M4 on the way to Swansea, to go to a friend’s funeral.

I don’t know whether it’s because we were so well suited, or whether we were still in the stage of the relationship where neither of us could do any wrong, but I did love him very deeply and, I imagine, always will in my own way.

That’s not to say I’m not happy and haven’t moved on, though