Are you a track day virgin?

Don’t know if anyone would be interested in it, but I’ve been sent an advert by grandprixlegends.com for a book available through their website.There are probably people on this site that can give you the same info though.

Motorcycle Trackdays For Virgins!

Product code : BK2899 - Price : £12.95

If riding a bike is fun then riding it on the track is infinitely more! But to get the most out of a day on the track you need to know what to expect and how to cope with what can be a confusing but absolutely fantastic day out. This book is aimed at the newcomer to track days and takes him or her through the basics in a light hearted but thorough way. There is plenty of detail on how to get cornering speeds up, what’s safe and what’s not, the do’s and don’ts of the track and of course a complete guide to all the turns on all the tracks and the companies that run the trackdays. Absolutely fascinating and a great guide for anyone contemplating taking a bike on a racetrack whether it a modern powerful sports bike, a small lightweight machine or even a classic! Contents: Introduction; Preparation; Trackday organizers; Rules and Regulations; On the day; On the track; Riding on the track; Advanced techniques; When it all goes wrong; Circuit guide to Thruxton, Castle Combe, Brands Hatch, Lydden, Rockingham, Silverstone, Donington Park, Mallory Park, Snetterton, Cadwell Park, Oulton Park, Knockhill; Checklist; Trackday companies. S Bradley, 124pp, paperback, 23 x 15cm.

Cheers,

Steve.

POssibly, or just turn up to a trackday if you live close to a circuit, and have a wander round, they are always friendly and open to all events (just so long as you dont try and get your bike on track without paying.!!)

If you have a search of the forums, then there is loads of advice floating around, but then for £12.95 you get all the circuit guides as well, its not a massive price to pay…

Once ive got my new bike ill do a track day with it.

yeah i hung around at brands the other week to see how these things go, very interesting but you do get extremely jealous of those out on track :hehe: