Are you a psychopath?

Score yourself either 0, 1 or 2 on each item on the checklist.

Most people will get a four or a five out of the possible 40.

Psychopaths will be scoring into the 20’s and 30’s :smiley:

Item 1 Glibness/superficial charm

Item 2 Grandiose sense of self-worth

Item 3 Need for stimulation/proneness to boredom

Item 4 Pathological lying

Item 5 Cunning/manipulative

Item 6 Lack of remorse or guilt

Item 7 Shallow affect

Item 8 Callous/lack of empathy

Item 9 Parasitic lifestyle

Item 10 Poor behavioural controls

Item 11 Promiscuous sexual behaviour

Item 12 Early behaviour problems

Item 13 Lack of realistic long-term goals

Item 14 Impulsivity

Item 15 Irresponsibility

Item 16 Failure to accept responsibility for own actions

Item 17 Many short-term marital relationships

Item 18 Juvenile delinquency

Item 19 Revocation of conditional release

Item 20 Criminal versatility

I scored 40

I passed, i got 40 as well.:smiley:

I reckon there’s loads of you on here :smiley:

we are playing golf rule right? Lowest score is best yeah?

Yeah - the lower the score the more ‘healthy’ you are.

I reckon a lot of high flyers in the financial sector would probably score quite highly on the hare test . . .

i got 2. I gotta get out more :stuck_out_tongue:

I scored zero. Let me bury my irritating c.unt of a neighbour then i’ll re-do the test.

just about ok 18

I don’t need to take a test to know the answer to that…

…but I did anyway and got a 10 so no need to worry after all

But how do you define the questions:D? One person’s ‘irresponsibility’ maybe another’s idea of a good night out. One person’s idea of ‘stimulation’ might be 6 hours playing chess, whilst another’s might be abseiling down Ben Nevis in a winter fog. One person’s idea of ‘cunning’ might be cheating in the pub quiz, whilst another’s might be starting up a loan shark business and ripping off elderly people. And also, would a true psychopath be able to rate themselves accurately - you might just get a ‘wannabe’ psycopath score ;)Oh yes - and I scored …:w00t:

(NB - Does obssessive tea drinking count as needing stimulation?:wink: )PS can I change item 18 ‘Juvenile Deliquency’ into ‘Senior Delirium Moments’ - does that work? :smiley:

As witnessed by the claimed 40 pointers - in order to get 40 points you’d have to be a pathological liar & score 2 for item 4, so if you really did get 40 you’d lie to us about it, it’s the ones claiming the low scores that we really should be worried about, the 40 pointers are just harmless wannabes… :wink:

Many of the quailities which mark you out as a psychopath are incidentally the same qualities that are valued by or engendered by late capitalism - which is currently going through probably it’s most destructive phase ever in terms of the production of social, environmental and geo-political carnage.