are black cab drivers all c*nts

Hehe another mass generalisation… and we all get steamed up when people portray bikers as hooligans / rockers / etc etc.

C’mon you guys… they are trying to make a living like everyone else. Give them a wider berth than normal - not avoiding problems can say as much about your observation skills as it does about their driving.

Mind, it’s those late night unmarked mini-cabs that really scare me…

besides, Tel’s dad seems a sound fella and rides a bike too !

I do agree Terry and I think its not the type of vehicle - its the [email protected] using it…

Ive never had a problem with black cab drivers in fact they seem quite skillful to me, maybe i dont ride in London enough.

I must be one of the few odd ones out here, again. Often cabbies and white van men move over for me, maybe they are scared for their paintwork when I come wobbling along. When I get a real problem, ie somebody tries to take me out on purpose it’s usually a female driver (sadly). Find lorries scary, one of my friends was knocked off by a Russian, who has now left the country, the company won’t pay for the damage (write off, the bike) and injury to him.

No doubt, one or the other will take me out on my way home tonight!

I think you need to put the observation skills into overdrive and hang back a bit. Sometimes we are too intent on making good progress and forget that little buffer zone which makes the ride smooth and safe.

I’ve had a couple of close calls, and to be honest, 80% of it could have been avoided by me being more aware and going a tad slower! We don’t have to be at Warp 9 to make progress through London traffic. Warp 3 usually does the trick nicely.

I’ve seen a few riders that I would classify into a derogatory class, this is the norm across the board.

Blah blah observation skills blah blah wide berth blah blah hang back blah blah they are trying to make a living like everyone else (FFS andrew, talk some sense man, that does not excuse poor road etiquet!!) blah blah and more f****** blah.

Yes. Alright. For those that saw fit to give an impromtu lesson on roadcraft, well done (blah). BUT, the thread was entitled “are all black cab drivers c*nts”. Surely a Poll (or any eastern european type person ) would give the defining answer?

So the result seems to be as follows:-

All cab drivers ARE c*nts, with no exception…

…except for “Terry’s dad”

I know what you mean I commuted to london for about 18months and on a daily bases nearly got knocked off… Worst one believe it or not was a white van in croydon, overtaken stopped traffic white van man pulls across me, I have a go but of course it is my fault he did not use his mirrors…

This was probably not a good idea but with red mist what can you do , so he is pulling down the same road as me I let him go first, pull up along side him have a good swing at his mirror (in turn taking it off (oops only meant to knock it) and sped off…

I think it should be made compulsory that anyone taking a car test should have to take a CBT and ride a bike for a week min… to see what we have to put up with every day this way they may take a little more care on the roads…

hehe fair enough, I stand corrected…

I’ve just ordered a life from Amazon, and hopefully I’ll be in when it’s delivered. Bet I’ll be out tho, but that’s the story of my life …

every car driver who has not ridden a bike is a c***, car in middle lane me in outside about hundred yards back, car signals pulls out, me breaks and go into middle lane and take off his wing mirror with hand,

they are all w******

aahhhh stop your moaning and bitching, go out and ride your damn bikes

…Yes their tw*ts