Yours for a Mars bar.
It’s time for my trusty steed to go to a new home, it’s got a lot of character but somewhat reliable…
- tow bar
- last year’s mot tester said underneath was “in surprisingly good condition”
- custom paint job (with top quality line paint)
- electric window
Quirks (not so good bits)
- will need a new rear shock for the mot (~£30 and 45min, doesn’t need spring compressors)
- burns oil and oil leak
- front passenger window is the only one that works
- lock barrels broken in doors (but central locking and ignition work)
- dodgy connection on starter solenoid, wants poking to start every so often
- cuts out if you go through big puddles too quickly
- a bit rattley
1996 p reg VW golf MK3
170000 miles (ish)
Mot till Thursday
In St Alban’s, Hertfordshire.
All this for a Mars bar and updates on how his new life is going.