Anyone taken their Michelin PP 2CTs in yet?

Has anyone had their tyres replaced under the Michelin recall?

http://michelin.blizz.fr/pilotpower/langues/anglais/uk_pilot-power.html

Just wonderiing do you just go back to the garage that fitted 'em.

EDIT: It affects standard PPs aswell

I called Michelin what seems like ages ago and they are supposed to be calling/writing to me to tell me when to go and get it changed at the garage i chose.

yup…stilll waiting on the ‘magic’ letter

same here, i was told it would take a month or two arrrghhh

seeming as i cnt be btherd to treck throught the url ,

y are they recalled??

• Because customer safety is its primary concern, and as a precautionary measure, Michelin asks any rider with front tyres 120/70 ZR17 Pilot Power 2CT and 120/70 ZR17 Pilot Power Made in France* to call the following numbers: from the UK:0800 454 774 to arrange for a free of charge replacement, whatever the wear on the tyre. • Examination has revealed that some of these tyres may have a tread defect. • This defect can sometimes be observed after periods of riding at very high speed on roads or highways. • None of these tyres have suffered a loss in pressure and no accidents have occurred.** • The front tyres concerned 120/70 ZR 17 Michelin Power 2CT and Michelin Pilot Power can be identified by the following sidewall markings: • “Made in France”
DOT 6UCW 980T or DOT 6UCW 979T. • This precautionary measure is part of the Michelin’s Group commitment to road safety. *Visible on the tyre’s sidewall
** True on the first day of the recall campaign

well, there u go,

cheers,

twas nothing hun, i just clicked the link, copy and paste, bobs your uncle and fannies your aunt and there you have it

its a shame, i dnt have a pair of these tyres cus then i could have actually put this thread to use…

at least i know nt go out and a buy a set!

FFS…So you can’t just go into your tyre fitter to get the new boots put on?

I’ve got a trackday to go to

you got to chase them up…they aren’t very helpful but i know people who have had there’s done.

Thanks for posting this up, I got the recalled front as well, Great! Not!. More **** to sort out.
At least the weathers crap, so its stopping me going out. Tried to phone then but there always busy!!
Thanks again for the post!!!
Well done LB members