Anyone still use the A40

Anyone still use the A40 since the cameras have gone live?

Everyday, no tickets in the post yet - but then again i stick around to 40mph limit. In my view it’s a little more dangerous now than before the cameras went live

^^^same

I do too.  Toyed with alternatives but it wasn’t worth it. I just stick to the limit in the morning (I tend to go in very early so it’s free flowing), ignoring the temptation to just keep up with the fast ones.  Coming home it’s generally only on the flyover that one has the opportunity to get above the limit anyway, but as in the morning I’ve got used to just sitting in the slow lane at 40 watching the clouds, the planes and my mirrors :slight_smile:  No noticeable total journey time increase either.

Still use it at least 3 times a week. Not a fan of the new cameras but what can we do?

Yep every day keeping below 50 indicated, no tickets!

Yep, why not. Just be sensible

AND JUST to really annoy the lot of ya NEW speed cameras being placed junction 16 -12 m25
… the single camera on the side of carriageway so watch the variables soon

I try to avoid it if I can but coming in from Oxford I don’t have much of a choice.

No tickets but I also stick to the rules- I see people flying down there- either it is all a big con and they aren’t sending out tickets or some people will basically lose their license.

Many, many people doing over 70 in a 40.

AND JUST to really annoy the lot of ya NEW speed cameras being placed junction 16 -12 m25 .. the single camera on the side of carriageway so watch the variables soon TimR
I'm sure that within the next 3-5 years this pest of avg speed cameras will be on every motorway stretch in the country. It's already bad enough that the national speed limit is one of the lowest in Europe...
I try to avoid it if I can but coming in from Oxford I don't have much of a choice.

No tickets but I also stick to the rules- I see people flying down there- either it is all a big con and they aren’t sending out tickets or some people will basically lose their license.

Many, many people doing over 70 in a 40.

hogtrumpet
Dem only doin 70 in a 40? Char bwoy, me larf so much me dropped me splif in me Red Stripe.  Me rule for da road is double it and den add 10%, and don't have a number plate.

These aint average speed though …you have to have your eyes about ya …or just obey the posted limit !

Yep still use it. Not much choice. Definitely not safer. Slight increase in journey time but only 5 minutes max.

I read a report in a truck magazine describing the existing technology’s ability to track your entire journey; example given was Guildford to Peterborough via A3, M25, M1, A14, A1 and they can Average the journey from joining the A3 to leaving the A1- time to fit the flip up plates?

Strange thing when you happen to need such technology, let’s say to find a thief or to support your accident, suddenly becomes ‘unavailable’

Sounds like they’re definitely working http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/westway-speed-trap-nets-100000-a-month-on-11mile-stretch-of-road-a3162776.html

I was going to ask about the A2 was going down it yesterday and noticed the camera’s and the poles. So that is a question I can mark as answered.

958 caught in November - that’s a bit over 30 a day. Doesn’t sound that bad really.

95k a month cant be a bad income

95k a month cant be a bad income Wise
They spend millions installing it and are probably paying around 50k a month for maintenance.  30 a day isn't bad at all considering there are tens of thousands of unique motorists using this a day!