Anyone not on Jetsreams Treasure Hunt fancy a ride out/BCR on Sunday morning 3rd May North London

im meeting where cooltempo says since its only one junction down from me on the A406

OK let’s keep it simple and stick to the original meet as it seems to be pretty easy for most people to find, and relatively close to where we need to get to. Personally I hate waiting around and multiple meeting points never really work out with people always being a bit late! I just want to get out on the roads nice and early whilst it’s clear and enjoy myself but get back home and light up the BBQ for lunch - hence the original post.

Ratty’s given me a topline route he recommends to get there (via Gravel Lane and his roundabout), anyone wanting to meet on the way can tag on to the group - sound fair? I’ll drop the details on later on, and can Text when we are leaving the meeting point to give people some warning.

I’ll fire a final roll call on Friday to see whose going to turn up and my contact details just in case. Weather is definately looking great though so if not on the treasure hunt this is going to be a good alternative.

This is Ratty’s route (cheers)

“Straight up A12 to Moby Dick, we do a left there down Whalebone Lane, over the BCR meeting point r/about then down to Gravel Lane/A1112 (cannot be missed!!), we go through Abridge and we will hit the big roundabout, we can stop here for 5 mins and anyone wanting to can have a play for 5 mins then were off!”

Obviously glad that my Sat Nav gives a bit more detail, but you get the idea!!

is that the roundabout in stapleford tawney near the bridge of the M25? Tis a good roundabout :smiley:

haha its ok…i do knwo teh way…honest:D:D

not sure stu but it is popular;)

lets hope for nice weather

im pretty sure its this one, i was down there the other day not long after a horse ran away from its stables and down the road, i definitley had fun on it even if i couldn’t properly get my knee down due to no sliders :frowning:

actually what would happen if i did get my knee down in my textiles would it just rip and the knee protector come out? or would it just scuff a lot?

[quote]
woo_woo (28/04/2009)

I’ll be up for this if I can be back around 12ish and its not pissing down.

[quote]

+1:D

dont do it…you will find out just how non abrasion reststant textiles are, if your serious go buy some leathers, aor at least some leather trousers with sliders;)

Might just scuff your knee alot I would guess - ouch!!
Do what I did, get on Ebay and pick up some 2nd hand leathers - amazing how little some people use theirs and then sell them as they don’t match the new bike!!

I’m up for this. :slight_smile:

I know the way so can lead if required.

been meaning to pick some up for ages, but just havent got the money atm, maybe after i come back from holiday

Pity the treasure hunt does not start until 10.00 - we could have set them off on the wild goose chase with the maps and joined the BCR. Maybe next time (we know the route):slight_smile:

That would have been just mean!!! Tempting thought though ain’t it…

he fella

you and woo wanna lead i’ll hang at the back(ish) and make sure we stay toghther?

Thats if woo woo doesn’t mind riding with a 50 hp dirtbike. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

50hp or 50mph?:stuck_out_tongue: I know, I know…Nurse!:pinch:

:smiley:

Pass applied for !!:D:D

I think it was 50 mph last time. I got stuck behind some red & white Yamaha. :D:D:D

But at least he didn’t fall off & break his leg again. :hehe:

You coming out to play on Sunday then George?

Hi guys,

I’m new on here but got invited along to this ride by a mate about 12 months ago and loved it but never found the roads again ! :crying:

If you don’t mind I’d probably like to come along on this? However, will probably have my other half riding pillion as she begged to come along if I go out for a ride, which in turn means might be going a tad slower than most but just want to enjoy some nice roads and hopefully warm weather.

Is that ok with you all ?

D