Anyone know of a mechanic or workshop that could service my old Brit classic..pref. SW London?

Idea #2 DIY

Swap out the points for electronic ignition, Boyer are still in business. Fitted their systems to a 1970’s Nortons and Triumphs back in the day a very simple upgrade they’d almost describe as plug n play today.

links http://www.boyerbransden.com/index.html

Call Fernando on ‭07957 771118‬ and say eezie referred you.

You won’t be disappointed.

1 Like

Hey National Treasure thanks for the Boyer idea that was my plan B and I had thought about it years ago but I’m trying to keep her original as possible - but if all else fails it’s ide #2 Plan B.

The problem is that BSA started to use the Lucas dual-points distributor from about '66 to '69.
It’s got seperate points one for each coil/cylinder,so far so good.
But it’s only got one locking and one adjustment screw for both points and it’s a right B&%£$"$£!!!
You set one points and the other is ot of wak, you set again and the tighten screw moves it slightly and it’s out of whack, then you use pliers and tighten and no.1 points is out of wack , reset and no.2 is out of wack…arrrgh see what I mean

Same points were used on Triumphs of the time and it got so bad that dealers had to reset points for half of the bikes coming out of the factory…The police had to get a factory engineer in for all their Triumph points because the mechanics couldn’t work it out and make them 100% reliable… See what I mean a right pain in the arse.

Mobile mechanic? Love to find one but my experience I say “It’s a BSA” and they say It’s a what? - Is that some sort of Hinkley Triumph?" …so I was hoping this thread would unearth someone…

Maybe visit a local classic motorcycle show and ask around there, I’m assuming you’ve tried BSA owners club?

and some youtube finds (lunmad, i could watch him all day, is a proper old school mechanic if only he wasn’t so far up north)

Whey-hey !
That’s my contact points set in the top video! '68 Triumph Tiger ones same as '68 BSA ones (mind you he hasn’t set the points yet :slight_smile: …)
Liked the heavy metal soundtrack instead of commentary - Not!

Now you’re tempting me with the second one about fiting a Boyer…

Shall I ?
Shan’t I ???

Hmmmm tempted

Thanks NT mate!

Bit late in the day probably but FD Motorcycles in Dunmow do old Brit bikes only.

1 Like

Not to late Tigercub thanks!

I have to re-assemble the Beeza from all my previous tinkering efforts and that['s gonna take a while…plus I can’t find the effing point covers and grub screws…grrr

I put them somewhere…

This is the trouble when you dismantle something in stages over a couple of months…