Anyone fancy a proper early doors start Sunday 30th October?

Does anyone fancy a proper early doors start this Sunday?

The half cooked plan so far is leaving the Bungalow Cafe Marks Tey at 7.30 am on a 150 ‘A’ road mission to Mablethorpe. Where we can check out some organised mo’cycle sand racing on the beech. Nipping off to Brancaster for a light Crabby lunch followed by a ride around the Sunshine Coast and a twisty TOWiE style route back to Marks Tey or Finchingfield.

Not for the feint hearted, expect to be out all day and cover service interval mileage.

Brancaster crab sounds tempting but we’ll be eating Morecambe Bay shrimps this weekend

Have fun
xx

Anyone going - remember the clocks go back on Saturday night!

So that’s like 8.30am in real time?   Is the bungalow open at 7.30?   Seen a forecast?  

@ Jetstream -Last visit there they had no crab?! ;-(

@Pat - Well spotted, a not so early doors 8.30 am BST

Well spotted blue, The Bungalow doesn’t open until 8am and the weather looks typical for the time of year.

Just looked on the map NT - am out.   That’s in fooking Yorkshire ffs!  

Just looked on the map NT - am out.   That's in fooking Yorkshire ffs!  
bluelagos
Lincolnshire,

Did you read all the details

...Not for the feint hearted, expect to be out all day and cover service interval mileage.
National Treasure

Just looked on the map NT - am out.   That's in fooking Yorkshire ffs!   bluelagos
Lincolnshire,
Wise
Same thing to an Essex boy :-)

All in its about 100 ml of go go juice over 300 miles

I will still be wrong side of the Dutch border so can’t make this. Enjoy

Looks like I’m going on me own. If nobody posts a positive intent I’ll have a lay in and leave directly from home.

So much for the lay in!

Looks like I’ll be showing The 250 some tarmac proper early doors with an ETA in Mablethorpe for the first race.

Enjoy, will match your mileage shortly as l blast across Euroland

Early doors start with very poor visibility through the fog until past Thetford making it a long ride there, a better plan might have been a stop off at Red Lodge or Walkers on the way. The road into Mablethorpe is a bit of fun although the sign posts for Grimsby didn’t feel right, well its like miles away.

The sand racing was what it was with a bit of everything from toddlers just off their stabilisers through to the adults. Some of the races seemed to be decided on by who had the fastest mo’cycle. There were no points for guessing when the more experienced riders were on the track, the pace picked up some and choosing the right lines and cornering skill was everything. Well worth the trip there.

Leaving Mablethorpe some muppet ran straight at me at shouting ‘I want that’ I think I was about to get bike jacked :-(  I took the appropriate action and the poor lad tripped over his own feet, a glance in my rear views and he looked comfortable enough sitting up in the middle of the road so I continued on my way to The Crab Hut for lunch. Worth noting Brancaster Crab Hut is only open from April to October, today was the very last day of the season and a mixed baguette came with just salad, sauce, cockles and whelks. Still no crab at The Crab Hut!

Happened across a little ford 7 miles out of Brancaster then it was Route 1065 back to civilisation, 323 miles.

Happy Days

Well done that man :slight_smile:
(From us, somewhere just South of Mablethorpe but just North of Skeg on the A1)

My 172 is paltry then, however did you get your visor stroked by a Red Kite !

Woke up early, looked out the window (very foggy at 6.30) and decided to watch the GP instead. Defo too cold for me this morning!

Well played NT