any radio hams on here ?

Ok technophobes heres one for you , Havnt been active for a while ,erstwhile G4WWC … was mostly into morse but i guess most people dont know what that is anymore .
.- - … - - - .- .-. . -.-. - - - …- ? i know theres at least one other sad bstrd on here.

• .-. -.-- / …- … … -. --. / . – .- … .-… / … - / … … / …-. .- … - . .-. :smiley:

smiled.

— --- .-. / … … / .-. … --. … - / .-- … - … / -.-- — …-

-.-- — …- … .- -… -.-. -. …- - … .-… — .-…

Smiled, lets start rolling out the BATCO… :D:P

Strange to think I spent 3 months learning Morse from an old boy called Dave Ferrigan down at the Comms Wing at Gibralter Barracks, and now it’s taken me 15 years to forget the damn stuff! :w00t::stuck_out_tongue:

I’m **** at Morse, but I can help with Antenae theory and propogation etc… Might even be able to rig up a few sloping wires/dipoles if needed.

I once tuned an old bicycle frame on HF and spoke to an operator in RAF Lossymouth from Gib Barracks as well as wiring up a 10ft high wire fence in Germany and speaking to people back in Cornwall.

The good old days of practicing the dark art of HF Comms. :wink:

… / .- – / .-. . .- .-… .-… -.-- / -… .- -… / .- - / – — .-. … . / .-- .-. … - … -. --. / - … … … / - — --- -.- / – . / .- -… — …- - / - . -. / – … -. …- - . … / --… …-- / -… . / – ----- --. --… .–.

When i lived in a top floor flat in brixton in the late 80’s ,among other stuff i had a half wave wire dipole for 1.8mhz running the full length of the row of shops we lived above…80 metres . i nearly got arrested putting it up . Along with a fixed 3 element yagi for 10 and 20 metres i got pretty much round the world on less than 20 watts of CW when the sunspots were working well.
There is a lot of fun to be had from using some copper wire wound round a plastic bottle and a variable cap pulled out of an old valve receiver to tune up some random metal object and copy round europe on 1/2 Watt.

When armageddon comes, london is a smouldering wastland, and all digital communication is wiped out there could still be a resourcfull few sitting in basements of burntout buildings on the edge of a once thriving metropolis hooking up a homebrew morse set and ensuring the survival of the next generation of LBers…the freedom to talk shiit will not be taken away

I worked off shore and my father had a few fishing trawlers , so for me it sailor VHF sets with big clunky dials and switches and extra switch boxes added on for extra channels :slight_smile:

.-- … . .-. . / – . / -.- . -.-- … / .-- … . .-. . / – . / .–. … — -. . / …–…