Answer a few questions about this for me please!

Personally I wouldn’t trust others to do it, GSXR paint is the thinnest in the known world and scratches even with care, one thing though quite a few bikers can be majorly annoyed if so much as a scuff appears on their bikes whereas car drivers wont notice so much so they are likely to be alot more fussy leading to money back etc.

Also I prefer the bike clean when I pack it away in the garage to remove flies from the ride etc, if I went to boxhill then by the time I got back it would be filthy again.

just my .2p - now ‘at home’ valeting would be ace

Chalk Farm, Next to the Service Station…Three Kurds or Bosnians or whatever do a top notch job on your bike including fluid checks for £4 !!

Na i use the same place u get ure bum waxed

1.Yeap I’d use that - I never have the time to do it properly myself

1. I’d rather pay a little more and get a top notch service - up to £15 - but that would have to include re-greasing and lubing.

2. No rush, somewhere to sit and natter, no booking in advance

3. Would HAVE to be insured and I’d want to see it.

hope that helps.

m

oh, i pop round your old girls for that!

i love the way some people favour the word “bum” over arse…

yeah she mentioned…she also commented on ure inadequate front side…

1. Would you make use of a dedicated bike washing valet service at a regular meeting place where you could get your bike washed while you have a cup of tea or food? …YES

2. How much would you pay? £5-7…up to £10

3. What kind of thing would attract you to using this kind of service?..IT BEING GOOD

4. Would certificates of insurance and legality make u trust the service?..YES

OK i would pay more for a better service, like lube the chain, WaxPolish ect ect,

i dont think it would work for naked bikes a bit to fidley

The main reason people dont do this already Terry is you will loose more money from KnOOBS saying OI you scratched my tank its very risky, also if you drop one bike how amny bits will need fixing, I have seen bike go over on the side stand and do £1000 worth of damage but you look at £500 each time you do.

but if you can get people with a brain to do it then you can make a mint, but for me I think cleaning my bike is part of owning one and that is why my bike is special to me I love it, albeit I might get banned soon ;(

Sounds like a great idea to me, takes me about 3 hours to do my bike properly

Ian

I make time to clean my bike as i take pleasure in doing so.

Dont think you would be making big profits on that tbh unless you had a sideline as a coffee shop and possibly got the company advertised as a meeting point for Lb’ers.

Then maybe you might be onto a winner.

Set up a Business Plan and you might have some people helping you out Dragon Den style…

Whatever you get out of this thread Good Luck!

Yeah I reckon in London u could do it with the number of scooters and bikes…

Great idea, especially if you did this all year round. I can’t be bothered cleaning the bike in winter. Mind you, with the hosepipe ban atm, I’ve not done much cleaning in summer either

I’d pay up to a tenner, but it would have to be not too far out of my way (around the Ace would be very good!)

Yeah, cruisers are a bugger to clean! I’d definitely be interested in any valeting service

Count me in as interested? Only thing would be the distance i would have to travel for this service? BUT if its some place you could drop in, have a cuppa and nice sit down? then it wouldnt be such a chore, as no doubt you would get a bike rideout same time? So yeh, sounds promising, although agree with others i do get pleasure from cleaning own bike, but then on other hand im fed up with cleaning the wheels and breaking nails too !! So its swings and roundabouts, but i would let someone else do it, if done properly and no scratches on bike…Good idea Terry

definately interested, if they are really careful with the paintwork (the black paint picks up swirls like anything)

i really struggle to get the bike completely clean, esp in winter

Blade there is a place in south woodford i use who charge a tenner and are real;ly good…i sit n watch them and they do an awesome job…

Good idea I would be happy to send my customer’s to them as they are lazy sod’s and for once I might get the bike back how it left the workshop nice and clean,

As for my bike it would have to be all done including the polish work now that is a lot of time

I have sent you a pm