Another one gone...My ZX10R

Posted this recently roadlok.com is the closest thing I know about.

This should be an option on all bikes front and rear!

Attachments

Likely because the brake calipers are left exposed to the weather. Leave your bike parked in winter, you'll come back to it in the spring to find the brake seized and the pads stuck to the disk
me_groovy
So are car calipers, they'll stick to the disk if you leave it long enough. 6 weeks is plenty of time for that to happen.

Sorry to hear, it is getting crazy out there

Cheers all

you mean something like this, mounted under the swingarm perhaps? me_groovy
I actually meant..(and this seems sci-fi so bear with me)

Wheel bearings in the front and rear wheels…

Imagine if there was a type that could be electronically activated to seize.

Maybe small prongs / forks could somehow insert between the ball bearings and the centre moving part of the bearing could be designed to somehow contract and lock against the spindle.

I have no idea how any of this could be implemented as I’m not an engineer.

This would only prevent wheel away theft, and like I said, a failure whilst the bike was being ridden would be catastrophic

Posted this recently roadlok.com is the closest thing I know about. This should be an option on all bikes front and rear! banman
Hello mate...I was thinking of doing a long overdue Great Yarmouth Ride 2 before this happened.

Yeah I’ve seen that…Good idea…Think I’d rather a Almax and Tracker but that may have saved my bike I this circumstance.

Trouble with that is you could still grind off the locking mechanism.
If the locking pin was in the web between the fork and the caliper, you’d have to pretty much cripple the bike to cut it out.

Obviously it wouldn’t stop someone chucking the whole bike in a van but that seems to be a lot less common anyway.

[quote] Posted this recently roadlok.com is the closest thing I know about.

This should be an option on all bikes front and rear!

banman
[/quote]

Well I’m restarting my engineering course in Sept, think I may found my new design project…

An infallible , easy to use, transportable bike lock!

Kickstarter here I come…

Gutwrenching to read this. So sorry for you, mate. I stopped commuting a while ago as I just can’t imagine coming out and not seeing something I worked so hard for. I’d rather use the tube than gift my bike to one these c**ts.

Lol when I first read that thought it said inflatable…

This time next year Rodders…

Haha, actually have been doing some quick research and have an idea!

Am going to speak to a company in the morning about a specific piece of hardware and then gonna mock something up

Good luck Curtis. I think motorbike security/bicycle security will be very profitable right about now.

And I forgot to offer my sympathy to Afro. Really sorry about the loss mate… I really feel for you. I hope something positive comes of it in some shape or form. (Maybe a brand new bike perhaps??) – not for commuting though unfortunately. Fucking scum bag thiefs.

Well I'm restarting my engineering course in Sept, think I may found my new design project....
An infallible , easy to use, transportable bike lock!
Kickstarter here I come......
Curtis
If you need an alpha tester with a cruser, just give me a shout.

Mate I’m truly sorry to hear this :frowning:
I’ve totally gone off road riding now and that’s just a Sunday. Will just stick to track riding now.

Thanks for well wishes guys but I have some other bittersweet news.

ZX6R attempted theft exact spot just now for another employee.

Nearly exact same time.

Same get away bike. Smashed his steering lock with a claw hammer which did frame.

Almost away but stopped by disc lock they hadn’t noticed on rear wheel.

Owner and others gave chase but they sped off.

They had time to defiantly wave hammer though.

I’m at Chelmsford Police station. It’s already been reported but want to get someone round as no one has come to attend for mine even to review CCTV.

Will keep you updated.

Sorry to hear this… Good to hear if vigilantes adopt a bait bike strategy, some knees can get smashed.

Not just knees, I’d like to see their heads smashed as well. The stupidity and arrogance to steal from the same spot at the same time in under a week… The scrotes really have horse shit for brains.

And they still got away.

Not shit for brains, just fearless and know the chances of being caught are low.

If vigilantes adopt a bait bike strategy, some knees can get smashed. ShaunC

Are there any bikers that would put money in for a bait bike or have one donated?..I’m a bit dubious.

Btw these filth possibly connected to theft of an S1000R in Hutton / Ingatestone few minutes after incident yesterday.