Another bike gone

Yes it was my turn last night to have my bike taken by some basta*ds. For those who don’t know, it was a gixxer 750 srad with gilles rear sets, yosh titanium can, one off paint job ( completely airbrushed) in silver fading into dark grey with a purple swoosh. Any info will be gratefully recieved. Missing it already

Attachments

The_rides_0010.jpg

No!!! Oh man, I’m so sorry for you Was it taken from your house? What sort of security did you have? What did the Police/insurance company say? I hope you get it sorted mate… Was such a nice bike as well, my favourite SRAD for sure!

Gutted for you mate, I know just what it’s like. You’re around my way aren’t you? - pretty good area from the bike crime stats as well. I’ll keep an eye out for the gixxer but I doubt it’s around here any more. Chin up.

Police aint saying sh!t as per usual.Insurance ran out on Friday, bike was going up for sale and into the garage next week. Can it really get any worse. Getting my own police on the case now as I think the bike is still local( they even took the cover) They cut my chain (£150 worth) even though the shop told me anything short of an angle grinder wont get through it. No way did they use one of those as I would have heard it. The bike was only feet away from my door. If I catch em

Yet another one bites the dust.Isnt it time the police woke up to the fact that there has been a bike theft epidemic for many years now and all they do is **** ***. Why cant they set up a bike with a tracker and watch it. Its not exactly rocket science and you would catch them quickly. I am sure that it is the same guys each time.

Jay, surely we could start as a forum to bring pressure to bear on the necessary parties to start to make things happen.

Sorry, but it makes my blood boil!!!

Absolutely gutted for you at your loss, even worse as you were about to sell it. I shall put the word out with a few people.

Christ. Here we are again.

What kinda chain was it man? sounds like anyone with one should bin it and buy a better one.

And I thought (naively) that older bikes are less desirable. Really sorry for you.

rogerk5, there’s actually a movement to see how we can combat it going on right now, we’re on the case! Badman, they would have used bolt-croppers, all chains bar the Almax ones can be bolt-cropped, regardless of what shop salesman say! I’m sorry you had to find out the hard way…

Good luck with your investigation.

PM me for advise, your insurers may still be on the hook, if we can demonstrate an intention to renew.

For what its worth I really struggled to find something to sink into the garage floor to attach the bike to until I came across an old tractor tow bar. This is basically a lump of metal with a ring soldered onto the end. I dug a pit and concreted it in leaving just the ring showing. I guess as tractors tow trailers this has got to be mighty strong.

The weak point is how to attach the bike to it and this is where we are back with chains again.

Sorry to hear that Badman twas a nice bike.

Hope you get it back

Badman, sorry to read about this and I hope you can get something sorted re insruance or the bike back.

Out of interest, where abouts do you live?

Really sorry about that Badman!

really gutted for you badman, don’t know what else to say…

Jay’s bang on there, did ya see the almax stall at the ally pally? had every chain going cropped to sh1t, disc locks too.

The almax 1 broke the croppers.

Only thing i will say against em is the size of the links, but is that a bad thing? thickness, cool length, well???

Where was the srad nicked from? details etc?

Mate gutted for you!

I’m in Enfield at the mo.

Sorry to hear about this dude! .Hope you get sumthing sorted about this and that was a nice bike.

Gutted for you, having had 4 stolen in 5 years myself my blood boils!!! What I would like to do to the thieving c***s!!!

SORRY TO HEAR THAT BRV IM GUTTED FOR YOU REALLY GUTTED WAS A WELL NICE SRAD TO IL KEEP ME EARS AND EYES OPEN FOR YOU AS I WORK IN THE BIKE TRADE GOOD LUCK WITH THE INVESTIGATION J.K!