Annual glove post

Even though I’ve nikwax glove proofed my Racer High gloves, there will come a time very shortly when I’m going to need something more suited to a downpour.

Do you wear transition gloves or go straight to winters?

I’m looking at Knox Zero for winter as my colleague at work swears by them and I just can’t face another winter with my godawful old Spada Enforcers.
In a moment of cash splashing madness I bought some Lindstrands Flex at the weekend but they won’t do for the winter, even if they are waterproof.

Guess my question is, does the holy grail of gloves exist? Thin enough to give feel and let you use indicators, warm enough for winter and actually waterproof? Or are all of these not possible at once?
Alpinestars 360?

Even though I've nikwax glove proofed my Racer High gloves, there will come a time very shortly when I'm going to need something more suited to a downpour.

Do you wear transition gloves or go straight to winters?

I’m looking at Knox Zero for winter as my colleague at work swears by them and I just can’t face another winter with my godawful old Spada Enforcers.
In a moment of cash splashing madness I bought some Lindstrands Flex at the weekend but they won’t do for the winter, even if they are waterproof.

Guess my question is, does the holy grail of gloves exist? Thin enough to give feel and let you use indicators, warm enough for winter and actually waterproof? Or are all of these not possible at once?
Alpinestars 360?

yourebarred
im using heated grips and summer gloves

will switch to heated winter gloves when the temps drop to around 5 & switch them on around 0

I recently got a pair of Richa Hurricaine Goretex gloves… Took it on a trip to the lake district and kept me well dry despite some unbelievable downpours. Thinnish and very soft so it’s very comfy on the bike. Probably not warm enough for the depths of winter, or the heats of summer but pretty much everywhere in between. What I like is how comfy they are compared to all other bulky goretex gloves I have tried.

When we went to lakes it was end of June and my hands did stay a bit on the toasty side but only uncomfortable when in the heat in London midday and then filtering through M1. 

Well recommended, though I cannot judge for longevity. Being Goretex, I would expect the waterproofiness to last a while.

I know this is not what you asked but when I was commuting in the winter on the bike, the Tucano Urbano muffs where brilliant. Meant you could wear non wp gloves and be comfy and when my heated grips worked I was in summer gloves all year round… 

I’ve got these Weise gloves, bought about 2 years ago and still waterproof and warm.
After a full days soaking they like to soak up the water but your hands stay dry! Great value.

I’ve got Spada enforcers too and I’d rather wear these, then when really cold switch to my heated gloves.

http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/37580

I use some old Alpinestars Jet Road Goretex gloves as an inbetween gloves I picked up off ebay for £30. Reasonably waterproof, certainly for a couple of hours in torrential rain. Warm enough until it drops below 5C ish. Have held up well in a number of offs, just scrapped the leather surface on the palms a bit and bashed in the carbon knuckle protectors a bit. Only downside is the cuff is not long, so only just long enough to go over my jacket sleeves. Cue open debate as to whether under / over sleeves is best.

For the winter I dig out the big guns: Gerbings XR12 heated gloves - which are the business. Granted I’ve had a few connection/electrical issues, but Gerbing’s service and life time warranty on electrics is so good I’ve had a brand new pair of gloves and/or controller out of them pretty much every year for the last four! At this rate I’ll never be buying another set of winter gloves again…

I have a pair of alpinestars transit that’ll see me through until it gets properly cold, I got them early this year and they’ve been 100% waterproof, not much insulation but with heated grips that’s not an issue for most of the autumn/winter anyway.

I quite like my old Spada enforcers, they’ve lost a bit of insulation and they’re not downpour waterproof anymore (they’re probably 5 or  6 years old now) but were as good as I think anything can be at balancing insulation/bulk etc and I like having the visor wipe thing that my new goretex winter gloves don’t have. I still use the Spadas as first choice if it’s not pissing down, should probably just get a new pair.

Every year I consider fitting muffs and wearing summer gloves right through winter, every year I don’t get round to it and just put up with bulky winter gloves.

Maybe this will be the year… but I doubt it.

I use Rukka Mars £129 very good

http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/98344

I quite like my old Spada enforcers, they've lost a bit of insulation and they're not downpour waterproof anymore (they're probably 5 or  6 years old now) but were as good as I think anything can be at balancing insulation/bulk etc and I like having the visor wipe thing that my new goretex winter gloves don't have. I still use the Spadas as first choice if it's not pissing down, should probably just get a new pair.
monkimark
Yup Spada Enforcers are a great glove. A bit on the bulky side but very warm and quite wateproof (I think of only once or twice where my fingers did get a bit wet). And the price they are for is a pretty good bargain. Have also crashed in them once or twice and pretty good on that side too... though not sliding across tarmac for a while

Plenty of recommendations there, thanks folks.
I hate the Enforcers, much too bulky. You can have mine monkimark

Of these, did any of you pick them up in a real live shop where you can try them on?

Richa Hurricane

Alpinestars Transit

Weise Oslo
Rukka Mars

Basically trying to work out whether to keep these Lindstrands ones for rain, then go Knox for winter, or just go Knox now. 

just started alternating between my summer glovels and my IXS goretex ones https://www.jsaccessories.co.uk/buy/IXS-Oslo-Goretex-Gloves/8113.htm these will keep me warm through till the cold in Dec/Jan/Feb.

once the ice kicks in I’ll bang the muffs back on and go back to summer gloves till spring. contemplating updating to these ones though

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tucano-Urbano-R3631-Streamlined-Neoprene/dp/B0152UUAGQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475829798&sr=8-1&keywords=tucano+urbano+muffs

Of these, did any of you pick them up in a real live shop where you can try them on?

Richa Hurricane

Alpinestars Transit

Weise Oslo
Rukka Mars
Basically trying to work out whether to keep these Lindstrands ones for rain, then go Knox for winter, or just go Knox now. 

yourebarred
I got the alpinestars from Getgeared in leatherhead I think.

Sweet

I got mine from here http://www.motorcyclecentre.com, I recently visited Getgeared in Leatherhead and they stocked a cheap(ish) Gortex glove, I think it was a Richa. I little more bulky than my Weise but good value I thought.

Richa Hurricane

Alpinestars Transit

Weise Oslo
Rukka Mars

yourebarred
J&S sell the Mars

Had these for about 4 years now. Awesome glove - always dry/warm, even in heavy rain. Supple/soft leather for good movement, love the rubber visor wipe & the stitched finger lining. Nothing worse than the lining coming out when you pull you hand out!! (Especially if your hand goes in the glove ‘damp’)

http://www.fc-moto.de/Held-Rain-Star-Gore-Tex-Motorcycle-Glove?gclid=CjwKEAjwj92_BRDQ-NuC98SZkWYSJACWmjhlb_rLPASC-wWlkZ2VXqsSMCXDND1jQ3iXKYSVsGF1axoCarjw_wcB

I got my Hurricanes in Helmet City Tatsfield. Get geared website stocks them but not sure about store

Looks like a glovely tour of Surrey for me

The getgeared website lets you check stock in store

does your hand often go in damp Alex?