And todays bike tip is;

Think the best idea I saw for a disk lock was one that double as a foot peg.

But yes all disk lock owners have done this. There is a chap on the CBF500 forum who either had to clear up the mess or did it himself: whoever it was they took you both brake lines after forgetting about the u-lock.

Good point,

just habit, couldn’t get it onto the rear disc on the old bike so it was always the front.

Oh dear, no thankfully nothing as bad. About 8pm in the car park of sainsburys. I had a sheepish look around to see if I was being pointed at by laughing people, but thankfully not a single head was turned my way.

Off for a springy yellow doodah tout suite!

Is this a Brighton thing?

A friend who is a Brighton resident dropped his shiny new Kawasaki because of forgetting the disk lock, another friend visiting him in Brighton (a very experienced biker and ex road tester) did the same thing.

And the only place I’ve done it is…? (And I had the bright yellow bungy thing on!)

Came very close to doing the same, but a mate shouted as I started the bike. Shops were shut, so as a temporary fix I used a clothes peg on the screen as a reminder. Many years and quite a few clothes pegs later, still do the same.

Odd thing is no one ever asks why i have a clothes peg on the bike cables…

doh :frowning: