and then there were two...soon to be three....

Well here is my second H2…this one is pretty much standard apart from the spannies, will replace them with standard exhausts as i like the chrome…

Now it just leaves me to get one more for my project which will be a H2 special with modern frame and exhausts and shocks and wheels etc…

Oh and yes those are some of our Honda Runes and VTX N models in the background VFR’s arrive next week…

Beautiful, love the greens! :smiley:

Mauve ones were faster:)

2T Don’t forget to get the gears undercut on your new beast project mate;)

yes that is a good mod, likely I will be doing one or two mods to the engines if i can get hold of enough of them…want to build one or two specials just depends upon getting the right number of engines or part bikes…and then we will see…been planning to do this for so many years now…about time it started to happen…

A lot to learn and a lot to do but will get there bit by bit…yet another hobby…

Nice! A mate rebuilt a 400 2 years ago, he had to source most of his parts from the states.

God that was some nostalgia trip when I got to hear it running, I loved the sound of those Kwaker tripples. Is that 1 still as mental as the earlier ones with the drum brakes? well they looked like brakes, but that was were the similarity ended.

the drum brake was supposed to have better feel than the front disc brake…so not sure if it was better or not…as long as the drum brakes were kept in good condition they were not that bad…well relatively anyway…

I have the 400 already and they are without a doubt the easiest to live with…dont really like my 400 for some reason…the 500 is lovely but the H2 was the motor to have, good solid and damn fast even with only 75bhp…with a bit of tuning that can easily reach 100 plus…and thats rear wheel not crank…

Hopefully they will be out on some of the summer ride outs…and twostroke days…

That is absolutely gorgeous looking. Nice job. Very nice job!

You can easily convert it to twin front discs using the caliper and m/cyl from a Z900/Z1000I’ve got all the Denco port specs if you want them mate.:slight_smile:

Yeah I rode the friends 400 hundred when he restored it, it didn’t feel nice, I can’t remember my RD 400 being that nasty to ride.

Sad story with one of the 500’s, my old best mate from mid 70’s died when he was hit by a car head on, on a country lane 2 years ago. The old boy that hit him was 82!

It’s hard to believe that we both survived that era the 1st time around, I saw some pretty nasty stuff back in those days. This friend did a lot of production racing, he reckoned to have the fastest RD 250 production bike in the country,(when he could stay on it) probably so did lots of other people.

He used to be matey with a guy called Mick Grice who was sponsered by Vladivar vodka & i think he rode a TZ 350. You haven’t 1 of those per chance.