An introduction

Afternoon all

I have been riding since January, and am just back from a two month break after a motorist decided to turn without checking their blind spot, mirrors and the need to indicate writing off my Hornet (600) in the process and sending me for a trip down the road on my backside ( Big thank you to the bloke at Hein Gericke who laughed when i said i did not think i needed to buy protective trousers as well… which were then promptly purchased).

Anyway I picked up my replacement bike yesterday - Honda CBR 600F. I live in Bromley and am keen to meet up with any other riders at weekends as i really want to get out and about on some country roads rather than my usual daily commute into London. So if there are any people out there who want a ride out on Saturday / Sundays get in touch.

I have no problems meeting pretty much anywhere in and around London!

Also hope to make it to the Ace cafe on 2nd August 2010.

Pictures of my bike to follow!

Hi and welcome aboard.

Hi Sounds like you had a rough start to your biking career! Hopefully you can say you’ve got your spill out of the way early. Shame about the bike though.

I’m not far from you and would be happy to join you for a weekend ride. I’ll keep an eye on these forums for your shout.

:slight_smile:

so bloke was turning and you were overtaking/undertaking?

I was on my way into central London in the motorbike friendly bus lanes matching her speed as there were red lights coming up.

Thanks a lot. I will be about this weekend so i will put something up closer to the time.

welcome to LB :slight_smile:

Welcome to LB :slight_smile:
Why dont you pop down the Ace this Saturday night, there will be a wheelie machine and probably a few LBers hanging around :slight_smile: I will be the blonde working on the wheelie machine :slight_smile:

Yep - I might do. Excuse my ignorance but being from the North - my knowledge of the south is limited. Where is the Ace cafe and what time on Saturday night??

Welcome to LB mate! :slight_smile:

Hi welcome, sorry to here of your smash,

this might help to find the Ace

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=3&oq=ace+cafe&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGLF_enGB233GB234&q=ace+cafe+london+events

Thanks a lot - no permanent damage so could have been worse.

Thank you for the link!

Welcome to LB and sorry to hear about your Hornet - hope the CBR works well for you. Definitely recommend checking out the wheelie machine at the Ace – two birds with one stone as it were. Three, including ltl_ally :wink:

PS - I might not be able to resist another go on the wheelie machine, if I can polish off a BBQ in time :slight_smile:

Hi Ashton, more details about Newbie Night at the Ace Cafe on 02/08/2010. Hope to see you there…

http://londonbikers.com/forums/Topic721875-59-1.aspx?Update=1

Cheers

Alex

Welcome :slight_smile:

Hello,

I’ll join if people are meeting up this sat. 31 July.

Cheers

Excellent site, keep up the good work. I read a lot of forums on a daily basis and for the most part, people lack substance but, I just wanted to make a quick comment to say I’m glad I found your forum. Thanks

I’m out and about the whole weekend and might go to santa pod this sunday if you’re keen!