American man to burn Qurans in spite of 9/11

That isn’t what the post said at all.

What the post was about was the hypocrisy of the mainstream which defends the right of one group to offend by claiming it as freedom of speech or expression, and yet vilifies another group, with no such defence of freedom of speech or expression.

How is that saying that it is legitimate to offend someone who has never offended you?

Busa, it appears clear that you have had your a$s handed to you so often in our little debates that you are beginning to lose the plot. So I am just going to ignore you for awhile.

By the way just for fun, go back to the NTBPF thread and remember the post that guy made to you that you thought was so incredibly offensive and out of order and not a nice thing to do. Then have a little look at the way you are following me from thread to thread, cutting my posts to bits to make it seem like I have said something I have not said and generally been insulting me for no good reason, despite me not really saying anything to you.

Remind you of anything?

by the way around the time of the danish cartoons, effigy of the pope was burnt along with flags. That seems to have been forgotten.

The way our football team has been performing i think i might just burn my England shirt, i’m sure the Scots amongst us will rejoice :stuck_out_tongue:

Ha ha, you’re delusional. That has not happened yet. One day you might figure out that you are not right in every subject that you (often wrongly) claim to know so much about.

That won’t make a difference really as in this and most other topics you’ve been clearly unable to answer most points put to you.

What, the one that you haven’t answered points or justified most things that you’ve said ?

Yep I do remember it.

I think you’ll find that on a forum I will give my view on many threads, not just the ones you’re involved in. Lol, I ain’t following you, get the tinfoil hat off, not everyone is out to get you.

PMSL, so if I have made your ramblings easier to answer by making it into bite-sized sections, by doing this you’re now claiming in the quotes it makes it seem like that you have not said things. I just don’t think you like your failings in many of these topics being highlighted.

I think you’l find that you have said plenty to me and fully participated in the topics so far.

Yep, in many of the topics you’ve discussed it reminds me of speaking to a teenager who is insistant that he is right without having the knowledge or experience to back something up.

:wink:

Ha ha, just wait until they start playing like Scotland then you’ll have a good reason to burn it !!!

Well…

I agree with Kaos…The burning of the american flag makes me furious to boiling point as i was raised to understand what that flag represents…I have dual citizenship…and spent the first 16 years of my life pledging alleigence to this flag…but if some dude in the east wants to burn it in another countery miles away from me go right ahead…i’ll be mad about it…but there’s feck all i can do about it…do it infront of me…i’ll punch you in the face…

the karan is just a book…same as the bible… the United states is primarally a christian country and if you look at a one doller bill…on the back you’ll see the words ‘‘In god we trust’’… if that dosent give you a clue i dont know what will…

yes…in some areas like Geogia and Alabama they are abit obsessed with God…but hey…thats there right under the constitution…the’re free to practice whatever they like…but to worship satan in thease states…your going to get you head blown off…plain and simple…so…devil worshipers dont tend to hang about…its just the way things are…and they would’nt dream of standing there spouting off crap about how offended they are…

so tell me please…’’ who the fcuk do people think they are to say whats right and wrong about a country they dont live in?

if a paster wants to burn the karan…let him go ahead…its not doing anyone any physical harm…and not breaking any laws.

so to summerise…altho the United States arn’t as always as spineless as the UK on PC issues…and yes…the UK is totally obsessed in being PC in my opinion…they have the right to burn the karan as much as some dude burning the american flag in say…Saudi arabia…were women are treated worse than dogs…you cant kiss your partner in public for fear of arrest…you get your hands chopped off for knicking a loaf of bread to feed your kids…ohh yea…and burning the american Flag is celebrated…

smiled.

I’m sorry…

Doesn’t say “In the Christian God We Trust” though does it? :smiley:

I’m just wanna fight with Smiled :slight_smile:

Shane’s gonna slap you with his ‘disco stick’
:hehe:

He’s called the Qur’an burning off.

That’s good.

I suspect his pseudo-protest has already backfired on him though. Anyone threatening to burn a book tends to encourage more people to take an interest in the subject and read the book in question- and I guess it was probably not his intention to get people reading The Holy Qur’an.

I spent most of the summer surfing on beaches. Now on the beach, for some reason there was a Spanish flag. Some idiot guy kept on moving the flag around. Then he turned it upside down and unplanted it! :crazy:

We weren’t in Spain, but I wondered what on earth he was doing so I asked a local. The local explained that the red and gold flag was not the Spanish flag, and the ‘idiot guy’ was the coastguard warning of rough tides lol.

Well I can’t say I care to much for the emotional inveestment in pure symbolism. Flag or no flag; righteous indignation or none. They’re usually made in China anyway. What can any flag represent for any country if it is made overseas? :doze:

Hmmm. I guess you are referring to the ‘Quran’ or the ‘Koran’. Why is the Koran, ‘just a book’, and a ‘flag’ isn’t just a piece of fabric then according to your reasoning? Why is it okay to ‘burn’ ‘just a book’, but it is not okay to burn a piece of fabric?

Not having a go or anything. Just curious as to your logic, which seems to elevate nationalism above spiritual principles. Btw - the Koran is not ‘just’ like the ‘Bible’. The ‘bible’ is an aggregate of 66 authors of written text in many different languages over at least a 1,500 year chronological time-span. It has heterogeneity; third-person perspective; witnessing and circumstantial narratives in it. The Koran is nothing of the sort.

Anyhow - I’m reminded of those protests in London against the Danish cartoonists: “Islam is not a violent religion!! Kill those who disagree!”

Lol. The internal inconsistencies are comical.

Anyway. My limited little thoughts for the day lol