Albert and Delancey Streets

Those of you old school LB,ers may remember a good few posts of Bikers being killed (4), maimed (several) and downed (loads) at the above locations in NW1. !!

Well crap in my hat and punch it !!!

Work has just began to minimise the risk of anymore accidents and I have just had a conversation with the site foreman and it turns out they have been ordered to widen the pavements on both sides to create a single traffic flow, widen the zebra crossing and maximise traffic lighting visibility by enlarging the lights and removal of foliage and tree branchs that obscure the area !!

I said “jesus” that lots going to come to a few quid, what kicked their butts into gear to authorise that little lot" ??

The Foreman replies

" One of the heads of departments daughter was knocked off her scooter and broke her fingers last month" !!!

If thats true and not just “site talk” then

Over the last 4-5 years they did nothing, loss of life, people crippled and loads more injured !!

So for all those familys that have lost or had someone hurt =

I STICK MY FINGERS UP TO THOSE PAPER PUSHING TOSSPERS AT THE COUNCIL THAT DIDNT DO A THING FOR YOU !!

W8NK3RS !!!

Sounds about right!

Typical, the “do nothing till it affects me” attitude this country has these days…!