AFTER LIMEHOUSE LINK NEW CAMERA IN ASPEN WAY EAST BOUND

EASTBOUND LANES OF ASPEN WAY

FAIRLY NEW DIGITAL SPEED CAMERA JUST GONE UP IN ASPEN WAY E14 AFTER THE SET OF LIGHTS AND BEFORE TURN OFF TO GO BLACKWALL TUNNEL / THE FLYOVER TO CARRY ON EAST FOR A13 .

DOES THIS NEED THE LINES IN THE ROAD TO WORK AS AT THE MOMENT IT HAS NONE ? MANY PEOPLE AT WORK HAVE ASKED THIS QUESTION AS WE ALL DRIVE PAST IT LEAVING WORK EVERY DAY.

It might not need the lines, the new digital cameras have it all built into the box or on the lens. This camera’s got some wires running to it which cross all 3 lanes of this stretch of road which I’ve heard are used to measure speed somehow - if it works, i dont know - I just know that I dont go past it any quicker than I should be :stuck_out_tongue:

I see this too. I think some else mentioned it was going up a little while ago. If the wires in the road are for spotting speeders I can’t imagine they will last very long before they get cut, a lot easier for people to do than torching it I would think, so lets hope this is the latest technology.

The lines are there to provide a visual confirmation of the speed, as the camera takes a series of stills. A bit of simple maths will then confirm that it recorded the speed accurately. But they wont give you all the images unless you go to court, bloody cheek really.