advice

Hi all,
I have a 9 year old daughter who since 5 has been riding little pull back and go motorbikes through woods and stuff, it is clear to see she has a massive natural ability to ride and handle motorbikes. I want to take her to the next level (track bikes) what i would like to know is their any school i can take her to were they will teach her using their bikes? I live in milton keynes and would like somewhere with in an hours drive or so …i have looked on goggle but have not found anything your help would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I hope you find somewhere you can let your daughter ride safely and have fun. It’s great that parents encourage their kids to do stuff they obviously enjoy. I posted a question on here a while ago asking if anyone had heard of a child pillion seat… it was like opening a pandora’s f**king box! I guess that bikers are as opinionated as the anyone else… including me.

lol thank you for your comments i personally agree with you and my daughter rides pillion on my gsxr1000 at least 3 times per week in the summer and loves it so much. :slight_smile:

Have you thought about getting your daughter into minimoto or "schoolboy moto-x ?

I believe the minimum age for “proper” track racing is 12 so she has a few years to wait.

At the end of the day, it’s your kid…Would you ask others how you should be bringing up your kid?

K7, Like Chunky, I’d look at getting her into minimotos and if she’s good enough, she can try for superteens in a few years.

At a BSB round a while back, I saw a kid who couldn’t have been more than 5 on a minimoto track…The boy was amazing…Flying around the corners, scrapping everything…He was a joy to watch…He fell off a few times at speed, but just jumped back on.

Go for it.

thought lower limit for roadracing was less than 12 isnt there an 80 or 50 class . no one wants their child hurt and i never pressured my son into bikes but behind your back one day most will do it anyway so with that in mind i got my son into it knowing his experience would help if he ever got into road bikes . he did and became a v handy rider

try ron haslam race school at donnington more close to 2hrs but they will show her the way, other than that, I think you will have to get her an acu license and let her get out there, apparently No Limits do a god job of looking after young riders from what I’m told. There is a father on BCF who is getting his 11yr old to do the cb500 cup with no problems.

if you want i can get you his email address if you want to ask him questions as im sure he will answer them for you.

I’d love to know how he’s managed that.ACU licence for 11 year old restricts the rider to production 125cc scooters.12 year olds get to ride 125cc production based motorcycles15 year olds can ride 125 GP bike and upto 500cc 4 stroke twins (ie cb500)http://www.acu.org.uk/uploaded/documents/22030%20ACU%20Notes1.pdf

well obviously Im wrong, he must be a bit older then.:smiley:

Here’s what’s coming up in Spain for Semana Santa - I know it’s unrelated, but I couldn’t resist:

I’d be a laugh to pour boiling hot engine oil from a balcony over that lot.

:smiley:

Think you’ll find there Nazarenos…Something to do with Easter in Spain…http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjrLSvvz3FA

The last I heard they were called “Capuchinos” after the hats they are sporting (capuchos). I got to try one of them hats on one time and to be honest it was a bit weird. Kinky, even.