Advice please - stolen bike repair

Sounds illegal to me…but I don’t know the wording of your deal…

I wouldn’t do that if I were you… You have q debt with this company. They will chase you for it whether the bike exists or not. Remember the bike is still technically theirs until you pay it off. If you destroy it, that doesn’t mean you don’t have to pay it back!

if you need somewhere to store and help we can help you… if more north of the river is south would recommend OMC drop us a PM if needed mate 

Could try one of the forum guys here http://www.drbikes.co.uk/contact-us/ he may suggest breaking for parts ? Rusty99
I assume you can't do that if there's finance outstanding?
Abzero
technically you could break it and sell the parts but the finance company do own the bike and and if the tryed to reclaim it the only parts can prove without doubt theres is the engine and frame as frame and engine numbers personally not something we would do 

i would recommend repairing or settling finance and selling on as is or then breaking for parts 

and thanks for putting our link up rusty :) 

Fix it, lock set is only £120 quid, Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161809969515 tanks are around £50 as well. Seems you could fix for less than £300.

Thanks for the input everyone! I’ve just had some excellent news, which is that apparently my finance agreement is actually a personal loan from Honda finance, so is not secured against the bike. They said I can sell it as it is and they don’t really care! 

Frankly, I lack the time and motivation to do the repairs myself so I’d prefer to sell it as is. Not to mention the storage aspect. I checked out the repairs costs if I bought parts from Honda directly and in total it’s around £500 including a brand new painted tank (ebay though yes it’s £50). In a perfect world I’d like to sell it for about £2k to someone who could repair it and still turn a profit. Does anyone know a good first port of call for that type of thing? N.B. They’d need to come and collect it from my place in Wandsworth… @Big D is this up your street?

Pm me some more info mate and photos and we go from there

[quote] Thanks for the input everyone! I've just had some excellent news, which is that apparently my finance agreement is actually a personal loan from Honda finance, so is not secured against the bike. They said I can sell it as it is and they don't really care!  Frankly, I lack the time and motivation to do the repairs myself so I'd prefer to sell it as is. Not to mention the storage aspect. I checked out the repairs costs if I bought parts from Honda directly and in total it's around £500 including a brand new painted tank (ebay though yes it's £50). In a perfect world I'd like to sell it for about £2k to someone who could repair it and still turn a profit. Does anyone know a good first port of call for that type of thing? N.B. They'd need to come and collect it from my place in Wandsworth... @Big D is this up your street? --- AlexT [/quote]

Pm me some more info mate and photos and we go from there

Big_D
Will do, cheers.