Advice needed: Ducati 996 vs steam oven

Someone has been watching Come Dine With Me, Some rich Bitch had that the other day, Under Cooked the Carrots and over cooked the Spinach!!! Complete waste of Money!!!

All takeaways offer the same service you don’t have to cook at all and it will be at yours when you want it to be :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Many ovens can be bought that will turn em self on , my mother can control her microwave from her phone . … so I am sure there are full on ovens that do that too .

Steam ovens Heres one that gives you £1500 towards your bike!

Our finances are our “own” we have a joint bank account for household expenses, apart from that we spend as we like/need. however we both earn YMMV

the real question is, how good is she in bed really?

is she worth that ridiculous oven over a bike?

:smiley:

Never mind OMC. What about OCC… Oval Cooking Centre. Women can book themselves in for a few hours at a time to do whatever cooking stuff they want. An expert is on hand to provide advice, and the kitchen is well stocked with tools like steam cookers and other stuff.

They could even sell hoodies & other merchandise

Is she a gourmet cook who spends hours over meticulously cooking you restaurant grade meals at the moment? If yes she will know she does not need this gimmicky expensive oven. If no, she does not need it either.

As a woman who has cooked for up to 200 people for a living in the past and now cooks healthy meals for one biker with loving care (sometimes on a 50 year old electric cooker on our holidays) I can truly say that this is the worst waste of 2K that can possibly be imagined and you’d best get down that Ducati shop ASAP with a depsit before you get blackmailed any longer.

Mrs J.

PS: Plenty of LBers have also had tasted the results of my cooking produced on a non-2K cooker and I am confident enough to say that none will disagree.

(come on folks, back me up on this one, he needs the proof):slight_smile:

If you get Ducati for this kind of money… how to put that… oven will work.

R

double plus one Mrs J :smiley: :smiley:

mmmmhhhhh … cheesecake :stuck_out_tongue:

Get rid of her, plenty more ladies around.

Gaggenau is what you want she will be on her knees forever

So, its your money and she wants you to spend it on an oven.

You do realise that any bloke who rides a Ducatti can pick up girls very easily!!!

Easy choice, new bike, new girlfriend.

How does the depreciation on a Ducati compare to a fancy steam oven? When you both see the light in 2 years, which will still be worth the most?

Blimey 2K on an oven.

Well thats what you get for talking bikes with the Mrs!

Mines the same. If you open your mouth to discuss things, you get the gun to the head discussion method women seem very fond of (in the spirit of broad sweeping generalisations about broads!)

what’s mine is yours and what’s yours is yours eh?

I have an ex wife who thought like that, which is a large part of why she is an ex, sort your finances out properly. Joint account takes care of joint expenses and perhaps some joint saving for a joint rainy day or a holiday, beyond that your money should remain your own, and you can spend it on whatever you like.

As for the steam oven, I don’t think even that nutter Blumethal would buy one of those, Mrs J is absolutely right, a good chef doesn’t need one, and a crap cook doesn’t need one either, waste of time and money.

As for the Ducati, she misses the point, if biking were all about the practical rather than the passion of it we would all be riding scooters and dullesvilles, I don’t need a 1000cc adventure bike for commuting, in fact its frickin stoopid, but I like it, and it makes me smile, and a bit deaf, and I like it and it makes me smile nearly every time I use it, how many times is that oven gonna make her smile?

In all seriousness, you NEED to set the boundaries about the money now while its just starting to be important, you will both have to compromise, on all sorts of things all the time. My advice for what its worth, is put your foot down on the ridiculous oven because it is a complete waste of cash, but, forget about the Ducati for a while too, at least until the boundaries are set and well entrenched, and you are both happy about them, then the Ducati can come and all will stay cheerful.

:wink:

Hah. I reckon if you’re asking for advice on a bike forum then I’m afraid the decision has already been made. Keep the Ducati poster on the wall though. It’ll happen… Some day :slight_smile:

Quoted for making sense.
Joint funds and especially a joint bank account (or the lack of personal bank accounts) is a big problem in a lot of relationships.
It isn’t about being mercenary- it is about prioritising and boundaries.

I don’t know if you are renting or own your own house but I would absolutely not buy a £2k steam oven except as a last purchase in a house that was completely finished.
Also they start at £500 or so.

I know nothing about cooking but hey ho I know somebody who does.

Mrs Art, who knows her stuff in and around the kitchen, produces some very fine nosh in the likes of a pressure cooker, a slow cooker and this big mahoosive iron pan thing that never gets washed. Probably the most under used item most kitchens Mrs Arts weapon of choice in ovens is a £550.00 pyrolytic job.

We (actually it is mostly me in this house) do 80% of the cooking in the slow cooker (£30) or on the hob.
Also have a £500 pyro oven- we use it a bit, but not daily- maybe twice a week.

Hmm…thanks for the helpful and the unhelpful comments.

Well the steam oven idea has run out of steam - pretty much summed it up by Jetstream. She quite agrees, although quite wondered how I was going to deal with spanners in the works for my me me me Ducati plans.

I don’t know how other people split things in their relationships - if you keep everything separate into his and hers, then is it just a business transaction or partnership for some time?

Yeah - we’re renovating the kitchen, starting to draft the plans, and literally, it got as far as the kitchen design plans and then got let down by several companies so we thought what’s the point…might as well just get a decent oven and take our time. We have a tight space, and neither of us use or own a microwave; no convenience food, no meat. No pressure cooker. No deep fry pan; no useless kitchen furniture apart the superb little Delonghi griddle.

The bike insurance is the big killer: I’ve already had a few 1000cc’s insured and got refused for the first time despite >10 years NCB because the rules for garaging a sportsbike had changed, so if you think a £2k oven is expensive, the thought of paying £1,500 for a year’s motorcycle insurance is just as frightening!

Anyway, she’s moved onto:

http://www.johnlewis.com/miele-w5000-supertronic-washing-machine-8kg-load-a-energy-rating-1600rpm-spin-white/p231245544?kpid=231245544&s_kenid=7617f63b-71b7-cfa8-1a3d-00003f240b87&s_kwcid=128x39935&tmad=c&tmcampid=73

Lol. No way.

Haha. Well I asked the Ducati importer about the 996 - wait to see what he says, and then will have to figure out what happens when you re-register an EU bike in the UK. I guess there will be import charges … about the same price as a steam oven :confused: