Advice. Don't go for a boxing day bimble

Thread bump and an updated blog piece on riding during lockdown from White Dalton. I even feature with my 2 cents worth…

Any questions, fire away…

I hope you are all keeping safe :pray:

2 Likes

Thanks Gavin,

Good read.

How does one class somewhere a place of worship?
Could we get @makman to bless Ryka’s?

Ah now you see, that is beyond my calling. I’m all for fellowship and enjoying a ride out, but in these days of tribulation, it is best to stay apart, wash your hands like Pontius Pilate and stay safe. You would be surprised how many biking clubs were started by Christian’s as a safe place to meet up and enjoy life. As a place of worship, we would be required to hold liturgical services of worship and that requires a confession of faith, an acceptance of confession and absolution (saying sorry and meaning it) and finally chosing to do your best for your neighbours. Right now, meeting up is not loving our neighbours. Sermon over :wink:

3 Likes

Just need some 5W-60 fully synthetic oil to anoint the building.

2 Likes

Good indeed.

Basically don’t go for a joy ride but you can use the bike as transport for any legitimate travel needs.

2 Likes

And if you do, be sure to bring along a good book to while away the hours in case you have an accident & need an ambulance.

Amen.

Just live your life, guys…

Yeah that’s exactly the problem. People are living their lives, without thought or consideration to other people.

6 Likes

Well what did they expect? It’s not like residents like ‘high powered vehicles’ at the best of times… they thought they weren’t going to get dobbed in during covid???

1 Like

There’s a playpark in a forest nearish us (3.8 miles), which I was going to take my daughters to this weekend. You have to book in(!!!) due to covid. I tried to book and the website informed me that my postcode did not qualify as local and that they couldn’t accept my booking, and furthermore that visiting for exercise was not an acceptable reason for travel should I be stopped.
I was quite surprised that 3.8 miles isn’t a fair distance. I can’t afford a fine so it looks like my motorcycle isn’t going anywhere any time soon either

1 Like

Hang on, didn’t Priti Patel say the other day, while defending Johnson’s bike ride, that you can’t define “local”? :roll_eyes:

Given that she is a consummate liar, has in the eyes of many committed treason (unauthorised meetings with a foreign government), supports the death penality, and is a thoroughly unpleasant individual, I treat everything she says as lies.

Remember when Cummings broke the lockdown and PM and all the cabinet, and all the tory MPs came out and supported him, saying he’d done nothing wrong? Well this is the same thing all over again.

Tories lying. Tories not following the rules. Remember the rules are for us minions to obey.

3 Likes

At the risk of defending Bozo, there is a bit of a difference between cycling 5 miles from your house and back as part of your exercise and driving 5 miles to start your excercise (not that I would have any objection to someone driving 3.8 miles to get to a park).
I don’t think a 10 mile bike ride is an unreasonable exercise - even a tubby Etonian could manage it in 45 - 60 minutes. My 4 year old daughter can manage a 5 mile bike ride on the flat.

Anecdotally, I live on the edge of the surrey Hills and the car parks are pretty much full, I’d wager that most of the people parked there will have driven a few miles to get there for their walk. Personally I have only used the car to go to the shops since xmas but then I’m lucky enough to have nice walks pretty much straight out of my front door.

1 Like

I actually don’t really have an issue with this. Despite the fact he is a liar, adulterer, dishonest backstabber, and all round despicable human being he is PM, and having random areas to cycle in is both common sense, and a security solution. If he were to do the same thing and the same time every day, it becomes a big security issue.

I cycle but only in reasonable weather as I don’t want to come home covered in mud, and I can cycle 16 miles in an hour mostly off road.

1 Like

I totally agree with all of this.

A truly horrid individual. It does beg the question how the fcuk did we end up with her in such a position of power?

2 Likes

Weak laws regarding MP selection, FPTP which is a bad voting system, and people voting blindly for a party rather than an individual.

We have lots of problems with our democracy, and rules governing MPs which need reform. But given that those would have to be implemented by parliament then things will never change. But without change social pressure will build up and cause worse problems.

This whole system is bonkers. I understand the difficulty in setting parameters for these laws because they could be seen too harsh but surely you can’t just rely on common sense? Because it’s been clear throughtout that this doesn’t apply. When a scotch egg can be a meal, but chicken wings aren’t and when the policy can decide a starbucks takeaway coffee is a picnic, or that a driveway is considered to have left the house we have to assume that there are morons everywhere

Ok you don’t want people driving to beauty spots but surely an easier rule of thumb is to stick within your borough, county council or other appropriate geographical decision based on size. The exemptions to that is to visit a shop to buy stuff you need…?

Priti Patel is a very very shady character and a classic creation of cronyism. The one moment she justifies the police fining women who drove in separate cars a very short distance to a place to go for a walk. The next she’s justifying BoJo being 7 miles away. To this day I don’t think anyone clarified if he was driven there - highly unlikely he went from Westminster to Olympic Park on his own without anyone spotting him or his security detail… And I won’t rehash her shady Israeli deals and the fact she’s been already kicked out of government once, or that she since broke ministerial conduct rules… yet got away with it thanks to the bufoon in charge

1 Like