Ace/Chelsea/Soho 21/10/05

Hey! I was there boys! Got there by 11pm but I was there

Actually I have just got home from there!

wolfeyes pm me your address and I post some stickers to you mate!

did everyone get home safe from ace and soho etc?

Hi Andrew not the back this time its the flu

Paivi’s battery run out at Frith Strett! Er… Her scoter’s battery went flat after she kindly spent quite a few minutes almost blinding the guys on the other side if the street with her high beams on and the engine off… Luckly, Guy Cooper, a long time and very good friend was there and again luckly he was with his van, full of tools. She saved the night by improvising a sort of conection between his van battery’s and the Vespa’s, from some electrical house cables.

It was very nice to see you guys again and a pleasure to meet some others for the first time!

Wolf , Hope you get better for next week mate! You got a pm

I went to bet it was 3am , and here am I by 10am, typing again!!! Is that the LB bug??

Cue ‘I told you so’ several times by Cezar, who told me to turn the ignition off. I was about to leave, so had turned it on (the lights come on automatically), and was faffing around with my helmet, but he & the LB Superhero Guy hadn’t got enough of me, so I couldn’t leave. Eventually I realised I wasn’t going anywhere, so turned the bike off, but the damage was done!

Cezar kindly offered himself to be electrocuted in case something went wrong with the Blue Peter approach to battery charging, but luckily Guy knew what he was doing.

Good to meet you guys last night! Apologies for not remembering everybody’s names… but I know I met Mike, Foxy, Jay, Darryl, Tony, Cezar, Guy, Andrew, Brooke and several others.

I’m so glad you liked my bike; I wasn’t expecting it, from my experiences in another forum where scooterists are slated all the time, and told their bikes are ‘ghey’ and no self-respecting man would be seen on one (where’s your self respect, Cezar?!), and even that they’re not ideal for Central London! Go figure…

See you next time!

Have no idea where you have been posting before Paivi but, now you are at ‘home’ darling I love my scooter!

Glad you got home safe! did it start again today? I should think so!

If it wasn’t guy there I would never had hold that stuff ! Not that I’m used to hold for guy, but… I trust him blindly!

I couldn’t speak to you Brooke, saw you when I arrived then I went to do something with jay and Tasha , when we come back you went All the others I saw there too!

Paivi said…

“and even that they’re not ideal for Central London! Go figure…”

Context context context. Oh and the money is still available for the bet if you wish to prove me wrong.

I’ve got nothing to prove, puppie! I’m a girl, so I know that by default my d1ck’s smaller than yours!

Got nothing to do with dick size but more to do with certain people who have only ever ridden scooters preaching rather loudly. The bet shut them up but to be honest I could do with the cash from it so wish they had continued.

Have another look at those threads. I didn’t start them I only only stopped people picking on others and I always gave people a few chances before I shut them down.

I think this should maybe be continued by PM if it continues rather than waste the forums time.

so ok what happen then Paivi and Sickpup? remember we are friends here

Several arguements on BCF.

First one was scooter riders who had never ridden motorcycles claiming that scooters were the ideal form of transport in Central. Claiming scooters were the fastest form of transport across central kinda winds me up so i offered a £500 bet to the scooter riders that I could beat them across London on my Blade during rush hour from brompton road, knightsbridge, picadilly, shaft,theobalds, clerkenwell, old st, Great eastern onto commercial but they all went quiet

Second was a young lad being slated for going the wrong way around a bollard until I pointed out that the person doing the slating had commited much more dangerous offences. This thread does get very funny around the third page.

I’m happy to keep everything nice and fluffy and to be honest was happily surprised when Paivi welcomed me which is why if anything more is to be said I think it should be done by PM to stop it affecting your forum to which I am only recently a member.

So its a case of ( Nothing to see here folks move a long now )

Yep.

“First one was scooter riders who had never ridden motorcycles claiming that scooters were the ideal form of transport in Central. Claiming scooters were the fastest form of transport across central kinda winds me up so i offered a £500 bet to the scooter riders that I could beat them across London on my Blade during rush hour from brompton road, knightsbridge, picadilly, shaft,theobalds, clerkenwell, old st, Great eastern onto commercial but they all went quiet”

Quite possibly by that stage she, like most people, had lost interest in the thread and moved on to new ones. Also, as she pointd out later, of course she couldn’t compete with somebody riding anything at 70mph in a 30mph limit when she refuses to ride at more than 40mph, and regularly rides far slower that that.

“Second was a young lad being slated for going the wrong way around a bollard until I pointed out that the person doing the slating had commited much more dangerous offences. This thread does get very funny around the third page.”

“Slated”? Suggesting that “he may have gone a bit too fast if he couldn’t stop safely when he saw the bollard and realised he wasn’t going to get back into the lane” was slating him? Her issue was with the poster saying he should be practically congratulated for going around the bollard the wrong way, as otherwise he would have crashed into the car that blocked his re-entry into the lane from filtering. In fact, he titled the thread ‘Done for preventing an accident’. The fact that he himself would have caused this would-be accident seemed to be irrelevant to everybody but her, and she was in turn slated for being boring, etc.

She did also say that her actions were clearly sanctioned by several police officers she encountered. She has also been declared as ‘very competent’ and with an ‘amazing balance’ by BikeSafe cops, as she should be with over 20 years of riding experience in far more dangerous streets than Central London. Then she had to take a break and when she got back to the thread, it had moved on to another dimension so she couldn’t be bothered to post any more in that one.

“I’m happy to keep everything nice and fluffy and to be honest was happily surprised when Paivi welcomed me which is why if anything more is to be said I think it should be done by PM to stop it affecting your forum to which I am only recently a member.”

Nice (and fluffy) indeed of you first to give details and then suggest PM. Still, water under the bridge and all that.

Can I have a word on that?

First - I do track days, so if you think you are fast you should prove it in there. There I learned that a 250 bike with a good rider can bit an average rider on a 1000cc.

Second - I ride a scooter to work through central London everyday becouse I know by a fact, and I had a gxsr 1000 brand new plus a blade year old in the garage, and still commuting on the scooter, that the gujys that think they are fast, riding on normal traffic conditions, only jump in front of me when the lights go amber to meet me again in the next red lights. If you feel good this way? fine!

Third - I do 20 miles per day commuting and spend 7,50 quid per 7 days commuting. My tyres cost 30 quid and I dont need to clutch or gear bike during my waqy to work!

Fourth - I did take my time to work on the Suzi thou and it saved me only 5 minutes over the scooter, being very fast and cutting traffic like mad! whilist on the scooter I was very calm and following the law speed limits, cuting through the traffic on a very secure way. 5 minutes is not worth the risk!

Fith - I’m pissed and forgot alread why am I botherin g to answer this thread??? love you alll

It was lovely to meet you Paivi, and I also put a face to V2, who I actually knew beforehand…hand realised it! Yes, fab scooter! Sorry I disappeared early…looooooong day/week at work and I was exhausted. I rarely miss a Friday night, so we will have plenty of chances to meet and talk rubbish! Hooray!

Also, thanks to all of the guys who helped with the temporary fix to my front fairing…the main screw came loose on the way to Frith, which was a bit disconcerting as it rattled everywhere! Eeeek! However, I could have done without the frequent public announcements of ‘Brooke needs a screw’, etc. (Daz, Sparkie, etc…). Not exactly the kind of thing you want shouted around SOHO, boys! Yes, it was a laugh, and my faring stayed on during the ride home. My heros!!!

‘Brooke needs a screw’,

What you didn’t get a screw down in Soho then HAHA

I think in that part of Soho it’d be easier for a guy to get a screw than for a girl, even one as lovely as Brooke. Why don’t we prove it by shouting ‘Cezar needs a screw’ next Friday and see how many voluteers we’ll find…

Oh That’s pure racism of you Paivi! Just becouse I’m Brazilian ??

No, dear. Because you’re a man! I’ve been to Bar Italia with male friends, and they get more glances than I do. Not really the place for straight women…must find a new favourite coffee shop!