A40 Did anyone get caught yet?

Since the average speed cameras have been installed, have any of you got a speeding ticket? If yes, at what speed? There seems to be still plenty of cars going 60mph. I was wondering if they persecute only people going 70mph+ or something.

No speeding tickets here. I am not trying to exceed an indicated 44mph in 40 zones and 55mph in 50 zones. Agree with you on traffic sometimes going up to 60mph, which is good as the speed limits themselves are just ridiculous on the A40

There is another thread here somewhere regarding this, yes there have been over 1000 speeding tickets issued already since it came in. Check the freedom of info stuff.

I can’t be the only one that has a smug moment when I come off at The Target (east bound) knowing that I’m fine doing whatever speed that I’m doing, but the twonks who are staying on the A40 at 60-70+ are in for a nasty surprise in a few weeks.

There is another thread here somewhere regarding this, yes there have been over 1000 speeding tickets issued already since it came in. Check the freedom of info stuff. GSXRAng
As far as I remember, the FOI response explicitly refused to answer the question about the minimal speed at which someone was prosecuted. That is what I am trying to find out in this thread.

I know someone who got a ticket in a car in the middle of the night.  Not sure of the speed but they were trying to get home quickly following a call from the house alarm and they would have done multiple sections at speed but only got one ticket.

There was an update on it a few weeks later with answers. I’m on my phone so can’t search the thread(s)

I travel the 50 mph part, and like some else said I stick to about 50/52 mph.
But I’m not sure if I crept over that a few weeks ago when it rained heavy, I was more looking at the road and traffics as visibility was terrible. than sitting at 50mph on the dot.

Personally I’ve done more or less 10mph over at all times and so far so good.

As they have speed cameras as well, can you get flashed and done for average speed on the same stretch, so 2 fines in the post ?   I didn’t know about the new cameras for a bit and was blasting it , Chingford around to the Ace loads of times, no tickets, yesterday pootled along 50-55’ish.

Personally I've done more or less 10mph over at all times and so far so good. silveR6

A friend of mine has been also doing consistently 47-49 in a 40, and 57-59 in a 50 for a few months with no trouble. So, that sounds about right.

As they have speed cameras as well, can you get flashed and done for average speed on the same stretch, so 2 fines in the post ?   I didn't know about the new cameras for a bit and was blasting it , Chingford around to the Ace loads of times, no tickets, yesterday pootled along 50-55'ish. StreetDouble

I haven’t really tested it, but afaik the old ones haven’t worked for a long time (way before average speed cameras)?

I’m not going to incriminate myself but I will say this…no tickets…
I do check my speed as I go through the actual cameras but then back to whatever I was doing before.

A friend has been doing 50 indicated since January and has received no tickets. 

I was doing a speed with a ‘5’ in it today and bloody coach overtook me, doing at least 20 mph faster.

I do check my speed as I go through the actual cameras
I see loads of people doing this, but that's not how 'average' works.
I do check my speed as I go through the actual cameras
I see loads of people doing this, but that's not how 'average' works. Michael748

Indeed. I do it myself sometimes but only because I was going a bit fast earlier, so just before the camera is the last chance to lower your average slightly by significantly reducing your current speed (provided there is no one behind you, of course).

I’ve been traveling up the a40 for the last 3 weeks for work at 5.30am I use my cruise control and set it at 43mph still people come past at about 70 I usually catch up at the lights by old oak common.