A13 westbound chaos this morning - what the hell was happening????

Not sure the Newham recorder can be trusted, but yeah - let’s hope they are right that he is stable.

I’ve just been told this was one of my friends. Rusty, are you saying it wasn’t a biker?

EDIT Sorry, reading back you confirmed it was a biker, but that the other stories where perhaps untrue.

He registered on here about two months back, but I think his ‘hello’ was his only post.

Is he doing ok Andy?

I’m not sure. A bunch of us were due to meet up tomorrow evening and were chatting on G+ group messenger when a message came from him, saying it was his girlfriend and he wouldn’t be there as he’d been in an accident and to google the A13 accident. She said he was in intensive care and the next 24 hours were critical… I don’t think any of us knew what to say tbh, gave best wishes and positive thoughts for him, but I think she’d gone again.

Fingers crossed for him…

jeez andy… sorry to hear that. hope he gets well soon :frowning:

aww i hope he is strong to pull through ok

this accident wasnt a guy on a suzuki sv650 in blue was it?

Just found out this is my best mate,

“The biker involved is one of my friends and one of my employees. He’s been undergoing surgery for most of the day and the next 24 hours are critical. He’s only 22 and quite fit which is all on his side so fingers crossed he’ll pull through. Apparently the crash was him vs a crane. He would have been exiting the flyover from lane one to get to work. He’s been riding for a year or so, first a CBR125 and more recently an SV650. He’s a lovely guy but I’ve no idea what his riding style is like and can’t speculate as to blame or cause. Road was closed for five hours for recovery and accident investigation. It’s a horrible stretch of road. I’ve 22 years driving experience, 3 years ADI experience and 1 year commuting on a CG125 in London and driving this road twice daily for the last seven years it still regularly worries me. I think it’s the only road I know where it’s dangerous to travel at the speed limit because the average traffic speed is so much higher. I usually aim for as close to the limit as possible because I appreciate the dangers on this bit of road, however most do not so it’s not uncommon for the traffic in this 30+ area to be doing well over 50. Add in the terrible lane discipline of East London drivers, the bizzarre central reservation between lanes two/three and the people pushing from lane two in to the lane one queue at the last minute and it’s all a recipe for disaster.I’ll let you all know how he’s doing when I know some more.”

Copy and pasted from another forum…

sorry to hear that. hope he pulls through.

Really sorry to hear this - sincerely hope he pulls through ok. Age and fitness will definitely help I’m sure.

Yep, **** news. Really hope the poor chap pulls through OK.

Agreed, it is a **** bit of road. That stupid central reservation between lanes 2 and 3, just confuses everyone. Couple of months back I was following some lost soul juggling between these two lanes, then finally try to switch back to lane 3, spot a car was already in way, then went straight onto the reservation and into a bollard. All right in front of me…

The 30mph speed limit is ignored by pretty much ignored by all, except a couple of tourists who then end up with a huge queue of irate drivers tail gating them. It’s not even obvious why it drops from 50 to 30 for the flyover/tunnel, then back up to a 40 on Aspen Way. My only guess is, it was the result of previous incidents like this. But then the 30 zone has the appearance it’s enforced by the average speed cams, but obviously isn’t.

Maybe one day, someone sane will reappraise the whole fly over layout.

He didn’t pull through I’m afraid, RIP best friend. Sorry guys. I’m off the biking scene now just can’t face up to it :frowning:

Sorry to hear that.
My condolences.

R

So sorry :frowning:

Gutted to hear this, we will remember him

Very sad to hear this.

So sorry to hear he didn’t pull through, condolences to all who knew him. :frowning:

Very sorry to hear this…

Truly awful news, I’m so sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you and his family at this sad time.