A suggestion to improve forum usability?

I’ve avoided the “Help LB get better” topic as (a) I’m a fresh-faced virginal newbie here , and (b) on other forums I’ve wound up being made an ‘Admin’ by not keeping my mouth shut , and that’s a thankless task if you’re not careful…

However, there is one small, teensie improvement that could IMESHO (ever so humble opinion) be made to the default skin, and that is to add a copy of the nav-bar to the bottom of each page as well as the top, e.g.:

londonbikers.com » General » Site Issues & News

Should be a simple copy’n’paste …

It would save me much vexed hitting the <Home> key or farting about scrolling. Just a thought, it’s rarely there by default but helps everyone if added…

Your a clever young f0oker It drives me mad so thats wot the home button doe’s, I’ll try that

Another suggestion would be to have some way of jumping to the first unread post in a thread. If you haven’t been on for a while a thread can have tons of pages added and it can be a pain to try and find where you got up to last tiem.

And another, to have the 1, 2, 3, >> buttons at the top of the thread as well as at the bottom so that if the “first unread post” button isn’t possible at least you don’t have to scroll all over the place to get to the next or previous page in a thread.

Oh, and while I’m in this bit, when you click on “Add Reply” it sometimes takes ages before you’re allowed to type, that’s because it’s waiting for clickads2.googlesydication (something or other else) which is a pain in the bum, so if you could get that fixed it’d be cool.

Why don’t you guys PM Jay directly with your suggestions?

All sounds logical to me. It’ll be in the forum upgrade we have planned next. It’s a third-party package bought in and customised for our site. They have a new version out which is pretty kick-ass, it has all the features we’ve been asking for.

Thanks for sharing you feedback, we need this to know how things are going…