A reminder to all motorcyclists - overtaking on pedestrian crossing zig-zags is dangerous and illegal !!

Every day on my commute into London I am astounded by the number of motorcyclists (and cyclists) who overtake vehicles on pedestian crossing zig-zag lines.

I should not have to remind anyone that this practice is both dangerous and illegal - stop doing this or some poor pedestrian will get killed or badly injured.

While you are at it - read the highway code as you obviously don’t know the rules of the road - or do you just believe that they only apply to cars trucks and buses ?

Hi, welcome to the forum.

There’s a code!? :w00t:

I assume this is a troll

but just to enlighten you you can overtake on zig zags just not the front vehicle

You MUST NOT overtakethe nearest vehicle to a pedestrian crossing, especially when it has stopped to let pedestrians cross

Next…

Almost

The Highway Code states

Its The Law ask Triang-Ross he’s the resident LB Pedestrian Crossing guru

NDP: you can check it out here https://www.gov.uk/browse/driving/highway-code

or even buy a copy on Amazon…happy reading

It helps to be well informed to post on here lol.

I have to be these days, always up for a caution but you can keep the paperwork :wink:

There ya go, fixed it for ya.

lmfao

Every day on my commute I sanctimoniously tar all car drivers with the same myopic, inattentive, slovenly, poor observation, mobile phone using, no indicating, inconsiderate brush. If only they had a forum upon which I could accuse them all of these crimes and satisfy my urge to be a superior, patronising, pietistic, unctuous prig.

Where did he go? I got my popcorn out and everything :crying:

Dunno, but smells like pedestrian to me.

R

Good point.:slight_smile:

To the OP-are you commuting by bike, bus, bicycle, car or Shanks’s pony?

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news–general-news/motorcyclists-23-better-behind-the-wheel-of-a-car/23971.html

just so the OP is aware.

why, by motorcycle, of course.

yes there is its called the Daily Mail comments section :slight_smile:

oooh sarcasm and a totally dismissive attitude - my fault - I was forgetting that all bikers are perfect and totally above criticism !!

Whenever I drive on the roads , I make a special effort to “think bike” , make lane space to allow bikers easy passage and am genuinely sympathetic to the obstacles that bikers and cyclists face , so to call me a troll and just resorting to taking the piss just because I drive a car is complete bollocks !!

My point is this - there are many sensible bikers on the roads , but when I stop at pedestrian crossings for people to cross I don not expect bikers and cyclists to come hurling past me while pedestrians are still on the crossing !!

I’m retracting my ‘Hi, welcome to the forum’ post forthwith. Now **** off.