A PIECE OF ESSENTIAL KIT (& NOT THE OBVIOUS PLS

So i’ve been thinking about this recently and wonder if anyone has some amazing nuggets of knowledge that they are willing to pass on…

The idea is to name a piece of kit that you use to solve a problem/or you cant ride without/ or just discovered by fluke-(but not the obvious helmet etc)…

So these are two off of the top of my head:

1.wrist sweat bands (well a free bee R&G brake fluid cover and another sweat band)-because for some reason my racer gloves seem to have shrunk or something as the overlap is never enough over my leather jacket so I get a small gap somewhere and at high speed motorway riding, cold air gets pumped up the arms-not a big deal but it gets annoying and cold if your doing a two hour stint back round the M25 at midnight…and then it starts raining…(so if you see me on wednesday taking them off, this is generally why and not a fondness for zanadu (young uns ask your parents!)

1. Oxford Bar muffs -but not for the obvious-When I attach them for winter riding, I ofcourse remove and replace the bar ends to stop them being nicked…however on my CBF this adds enough friction and restricts the throttle from closing un assisted…so I find this “CRUISE CONTROL” solution ideal for long motorway riding as I pin it to 70 ish and it holds it nicely without having to keep the right hand constantly gripped for two hours (ofcourse you be sensible but its nice to relax your hand occassionally)… I have ridden alongside another bike, wave with my right hand while overtaking them…just for fun…ofcourse

You see where I am going with this…

Over to the font of knowledge that is LB…

Yeah I used to have a bike with cruise control via throttle stickage it is quite nice to give your hand a rest from time to time.