A cheeky short cut

I think I know the answer, but wanted to see if anyone else uses this little (potentially dodgy) short cut to avoid Swinton St, and do we think its OK to do so (or at least explainable if pulled up).

In the pic, chuck a right and then go straight across into Wicklow Street then left onto Brittania St, avoiding the tight and always busy Swinton St…

Problem is I dont think I should doing it…

Attachments

photo_upload.png

I never got pulled in the two years I done it

@Wise - was just having this debate at work.  I think its defencable if I were to get pulled up, as there are sufficient signs to suggest otherwise.

A friend showed me this one a few months back and I’ve used it loads of times although it does look a bit cheeky. There’s some works going on in Swinton street right now making it even more tempting. There’s the more legit option of going up Acton st if Swinton is packed

There’s no signs to say not to
So it can’t be wrong

hmm, why is there a keep left sign just before the turn…

but there isn’t a no entry sign

The keep left signs confuse things a bit but that road is no entry from the other side, if it’s no entry from both sides then it’s not much of a road

indeed - although the map lists weston rise as one way road - but street view show’s absolutely no signage to that fact… So yeah, no signs, no problem.

See what I mean…the lines on the road as you exit the right hand turn are single, so would normally suggest its a one way street.  However you wouldnt notice that until you entered the road, so pretty pointless.

No signs = OK for me to use as far as I am concerned.

hmm, why is there a keep left sign just before the turn... Abzero
To warn that the pavement juts out (very slightly) into the lane?  They are used to warn of obstructions so it would be a legitimate use, if pedantic.
hmm, why is there a keep left sign just before the turn... Abzero
To warn that the pavement juts out (very slightly) into the lane?  They are used to warn of obstructions so it would be a legitimate use, if pedantic. Michael
I see what you're saying there, makes sense.

27 A201

https://goo.gl/maps/wQmcGYWptcz

But then why does it have weight limit sign for acces 

Re accessing wicklow st are you not going right even slightly against a one way street though which that little cut through on end of weston and kings cross road is technically a  continuation of a one way system 

@TimR - depends where you are positioned on the road, but there is an argument that you could be going slightly right against one way traffic if you arent positioned further to the centre/right of the road.  Its open for debate.

Zoomed in on Google maps suggests it’s oneway against the way you are going but I’ve seen loads of people come out of that junction.

Attachments

photo_upload.png

Oh nivag, why did you have to go an ruin it for us…

I dont care - I am still going to use it.  There isnt enough clear signage for a simpleton like me…

It is a poor picture from my perspective, but isn’t that a “No Right Turn” sign attached to the traffic lights?  

If you are referring to the filter lane on the right, unless there is a no right turn sign prior to the junction, the you would have a good defence if you got stopped as there would be no traffic regulation in place to support any prosecution.

I make the comment based purely on the photo I hasten to add, I am not familiar with the location although I have probably passed through a few times

T.C - there is no sign post before the turning…

I went that way this morning there is no signs to say you can’t turn right into that little road

It’s the layout of the road that makes everyone think twice plus there is no giveway lines when crossing King’s Cross Rd.