68 plate R1200RS Stolen from Alie Street, E1 8EU

BMW R1200RS (SN68 OBX) stolen on 23rd September between 1400 and 1730 from motorcycle parking bays in Alie Street, E1 8EU, beside The Black Horse pub. Brand new chrome full exhaust system and two tyres with <50 miles on them. Immaculate, top spec and the previous owner had thrown every BMW option package on it and it is hard to miss. Absolutely scoobied how this could happen on a busy street outside a pub. Would love to see people caught.

2 Likes

Argh, gutted for you! I’ve had a bike stolen not too far from there in broad daylight as well with a million people around. People just don’t notice, or don’t care. Hope you hear something back about it.

2 Likes

Thanks Jay. 20 years this has never happened to me at festivals, overnight stays all over Europe in city centres and just about everywhere. Three amazing ZZR1400s that I would have thought were highly desirable but never an issue and never as many factory fitted devices as this one. Crazy! Back to paying extortionate train prices for a bit.

1 Like

It’s a horrible experience. I’m hoping that someone spots it and you get it back soon. Did you get a number for the CCTV company that run the system at The Black Horse?

I didn’t but will give that a go next as didn’t trust the person I spoke to in the pub. They were quite dismissive. In fact they told me it wasn’t working. Spoke to a landlord I know last night and they informed me that if that is the case, they shouldn’t be trading.

1 Like

The building opposite has CCTV if Street View is recent.
Might be worth a ask.

1 Like

Your mate is indeed correct. It is a legal requirement to have working CCTV in pubs, clubs etc.

1 Like

The Met closed the case within 12 hours after apparently doing everything possible. I’ve tried to get local businesses to check CCTV but no luck there. Seems as a society we have decided it’s just part of life. Looked at the statistics and they are crazy in London. Lesson learned. Back to the trains.

1 Like

Yup, that happened me, mine go stolen from my drive reported 8am Mon, Wednesday morning got the same letter you did, so they would have had to close it Monday.

It really sucks, hope it turns up somewhere for you.

Yes randomer I overheard in the Pub had his 2013 M3 stolen from outside his house in Parsons Green. Reported it and case was closed 12 hours later. Advised he won’t see it again.