40mph Speed Limit on Current National (60mph) Roads

so you’ve never been out with me and gone over a 100?

thats bollocks dude, c’mon!?

i’m not stupid, and i dont ride everywhere flat out, so it doesn’t really matter-in the lanes whether its 60 or 40 because NO ONE really sticks to it do they.

Ratty is so slow on the lanes it would not make a difference if the law made him walk. yet another reason to buy a supermoto use the small tracks past the villages :smiley:

oh yeh i forgot about that, i am an angel me, never break the limit at all, infact im so slow i dont even go out in the lanes anymore, cos if i leave to go i never get there:blink:

it just proves that this country is treating us like kids…why ban drinking on public transport or outside?? it’s a money making scheme…i can decide for myself when i’ve had too much to drink be it i was drinking in the pub or anywhere else outside…same with bends…i can decide for myself when the bend is too much for my capability…and the ones that don’t oh…i’m sure they knew the chances they took…same with drugs too…

maybe if they raise standard of our living by punishing real criminals and reducing high cost of living and low wage pay…may be then people would be happier…the more you ban the more one wants

@Ratty 46- What people are trying to point out is that the current speed limit is 60 so if you get caught doing 70 or 75 you will only get the 3 points and the 60 fine which isn’t that much of a punishment if you ask me and it isn’t really going to affect you if you’ve got a clean licence. With the proposed changes (40mph) if you are doing that same 70-75mph it is 6 points if not a ban. Nobody is saying they don’t speed, your probably right everybody does speed. We’re in a country where we don’t have lower speed limits so I don’t see why they don’t just keep it national speed limit as the speed limit designated is a guide and nothing more than that. Ie, if its raining and muddy I certainly won’t be doing 60 down a country lane.

Im moving to my own island where there will be no limits :w00t:

yeh i can see that, but if i do get caught it wont be at 70 dude, it probably be a bit more than that, not me in reality though because i’m an angel:D

plus its not always points and a ban, it depends on the copper, exactly what you were doing, and your attitude…

wet country lanes mean use your common sense, not every ones blessed with it tho!, look at A roads, weather people admit it or not i bet you can easily find yourself moving along with other traffic at 60-70 despite the fact its a 40 limit.

to be honest it really doesnt bother me, its nothing new to change speed limits and try to enforce them, just dont get caught, and if you do, dont whinge about it, i wont.

Surely if we all put £10 we could buy an island somewhere which will be haven… or buy a track for us to use. Time for a nw charity… help bikers be what they can be, help us buy an island:D