30k miles on my old girl ( k6 750) what to look out for?

I’ve now hit over 30,000 miles on bike. I always do oil change and filter every 2500 miles OTT but I am with my bikes …

Now I’ve hit a milestone I’d like to know of there is anything in particular I should look into or change? E.g. cam chain, piston?, brake discs?

I haven’t had any problems (touch wood) I’ve done all the common changes such as air filter sprocket chain, oil and oil filter, pads.

]

Cheers
D

Just follow the service schedule you will be ok
I’ve put 30k miles on my K7 1000 this year with no problems until yesterday whe n it got waterlogged

Think valve clearances will need adjusting and possibly re shimming at that milleage, especially if they weren’t done at 14,500 miles. I’d also consider maybe fork service

It’s a modern bike, stick roughly to the service intervals and don’t be a dick and it’s not got much of an excuse to complain before at least 70K.

Replace the paddock stand. I’ve had that one and it flexes too much.

You’ll know when the front discs are ready for replacement; Gixxers (or at least my K6 1000) warp them regularly and you would feel that through the lever. The wiring looms are rubbish but all you can really do there is check the connectors for corrosion and possibly protect them with silicone grease (or ACF50.) Grease the swingarm linkage bearings; I did mine in the summer and two were basically solid lumps of rust.

You'll know when the front discs are ready for replacement; Gixxers (or at least my K6 1000) warp them regularly and you would feel that through the lever. The wiring looms are rubbish but all you can really do there is check the connectors for corrosion and possibly protect them with silicone grease (or ACF50.) Grease the swingarm linkage bearings; I did mine in the summer and two were basically solid lumps of rust. RobH
If your warping your Discs Fit Galfers mine have done 25k miles so far with no problems & fitted to a K7 1000

I did get the bike with Brembos but they didn’t last

If your warping your Discs Fit Galfers mine have done 25k miles so far with no problems & fitted to a K7 1000

I did get the bike with Brembos but they didn’t last

Wise
I'm trying some Brembos now but I'll keep Galfers in mind next time.

Any recommendations where I can bring her to get valves done?  Sometimes when breaking gently I feel little pulsing occasionally… Doesn’t happen often enough for me to worry though.  I want to get my suspension set up and potentially do the fork service as mentioned above.  Want to book my first track day for March!!

You'll know when the front discs are ready for replacement; Gixxers (or at least my K6 1000) warp them regularly and you would feel that through the lever. The wiring looms are rubbish but all you can really do there is check the connectors for corrosion and possibly protect them with silicone grease (or ACF50.) Grease the swingarm linkage bearings; I did mine in the summer and two were basically solid lumps of rust. RobH
LOL, touch wood not had any issues! I do need a front stand though. If you have one for sale let me know ;)
Any recommendations where I can bring her to get valves done?  Sometimes when breaking gently I feel little pulsing occasionally.. Doesn't happen often enough for me to worry though.  I want to get my suspension set up and potentially do the fork service as mentioned above.  Want to book my first track day for March!! d1708
FWR done mine

& many other bits

Sometimes when breaking gently I feel little pulsing occasionally d1708
Occasional gentle pulsing is fine. Perhaps when disc cools slightly out-of-line on its bobbins, or at least that's what I tell myself. Proper warping will eventually give uneven brake force as you roll to a stop, at which point it is definitely time for new discs.

I use an abba stand so haven’t needed a front stand. They sell a “front-lift arm” for front wheel work, and bobbins to screw into a footpeg bolt hole for swingarm removal. They’re great.

d1708- get thyself to OMC. Did mine the other day and very happy with it. Matt can help you out if you need it.

Hey von where’s OMC? Otherwise it would be Steve Jordan’s for me but it’s a bit of a trek and not sure if they’d offer a loan bike

Oval motorcycle centre
Very near the oval

Hence the name.

SW8 I believe

I’d be wanting to check/adjust the valve clearances which should also include checking the condition and serviceability of the timing chain, timing chain tensioner, camshafts and valve gear, maybe a compression test to be sure, to be sure. Brake disc wear should be checked when checking pad wear, assuming there’s no warping of the discs check the thickness against the manufacturers wear tolerances. Grab yourself a cheap as chips digital vernier gauge bargain off eBay. A Haynes manual would be a worthwhile investment, follow the service schedule recommendations in there.