£2500ish... to spend on a 80mile round trip commuter?

OkI’m selling my Husqvarna SM610s… (no good for my new workplace)http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170257152615&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=007

I have to go up the A1 everyday… 80 miles round trip. I have an 05’ Honda CBF500 to use as a hack around town but i want a comfy bike to do distance work and carry luggage… and needs to be fun on a sunny weekend too…

Iv’e shortlisted… Kawasaki ZRX1200s, Honda VFR800, BMW k1200rs and possibly the Triumph Tiger… Anyone has any other bright ideas as a meaty bike that is comfy and can do it all for around £2500…???

u know what Im gonna say…

sv1000s :slight_smile: great for track too :wink:

I think you might be able to get hold of a Kawasaki Z750 or Z1000 for that cash…Pretty fun bikes.

May even be able to get an old Speed Triple which would be my choice.

Try for a Sprint RS or ST. I’ve got the RS. Gives me 38mpg in town and over 50 on the motorways. Quick, fun, comfortable and a nice sounding triple. Just make sure you get a decent can on there. You can get some decent 2003 or so bikes for that money.

Have you thought of an XT? Similar grin factor to your SM (I know, slower, heavier, …), but with bullet proof reliability, cheap to run and immobiliser …

VFR 800 or an older blackbird, power and comfort, 42+ mpg depends how ya ride it massive grin factor :smiley:

you must be a traveling comedian after reading this:hehe::laugh:

This is a great and fun bike for twisties and townwork… and oh does it make a nice noise!!! It handles like a dream around town and give you bags of confidence… and also annoys all those KTM riders… as this is the real SM bike…:rolleyes:

vfr800 or triumph st. The triumph seems great mpg. Looking myself for a winter hack

Chop the Husky in for a KTM (Mans Bike)…:smiley:

Hey Dhofty… I’m gutted having to sell this so soon after having it… It’s been a ball but don’t fancy riding it to and from Cambridge everyday… Looking at a Kawasaki ZRX1200s Tommorow…

and I get to keep my CBF500 :pinch:

er…you got one :smiley:

erm… My 2005 Honda CBF500 has now got 94000 miles on it… I think I need something with less miles and less beat up!

Would you want to ride this everyday???

It’s my hack! Now do you see why I want a ZRX1200…

Doesn’t look so bad, I bought a 1994 RF900 for touring on, wasn’t sure I liked it but a bit of maintenance has helped and I plan keeping it for the winter. You can get a reasonable one for £1k. The engine is very smooth and torquey, loads of space for luggage, bungie hooks all over the place and it seems to do 40 odd to the gallon even when pressing on.

erm… Just bought a 51’plate Kawasaki ZRX1200s with 13,000 on the clock… on budget too…

Let me know how you get on with it…I’m probably going to be buying one of those next.

Cheers :smiley:

Good choice Snoody - Sure you will love it - effortless torque is VERY addictive :wink: